Can a widow use her maiden name while applying for a marriage license?

I’m a widow and am planning to marry my bf. Long ago, I changed my maiden name to my old husband’s name. I wanna know whether I have to change my name to apply for a marriage license in Utah. Can I use my present name?
03/02/2017   |   Category: Marriage   |   State: Utah   |   #33177

Answer:

You have to write your full name, including your maiden name, in the application for a marriage license. Since you are a widow, your maiden name will be shown in brackets. In Utah, the county clerk will issue a marriage license to a woman only after an application has been filed in his office, which requires the full name, including the maiden name of the woman. If the woman is a widow, her maiden name must be shown in brackets. It is covered in Utah Code Ann. § 30-1-8 which reads:
“(1) A marriage license may be issued by the county clerk to a man and a woman only after an application has been filed in his office, requiring the following information:

(a) the full names of the man and the woman, including the maiden name of the woman;
***
(2) If the woman is a widow, her maiden name shall be shown in brackets.”