Marriage » License Legal Questions and Answers

How can I get a copy of my husband marriage license to another wife in a different state?

How can I get a copy of my husband marriage license to another wife in a different state, if I found out that he may have another wife or three,

04/20/2017   |   Category: Marriage » License   |   State: Mississippi   |   #35960

Can a 17 year old get marriage license without parents’ consent?

I’m 17 years old, living in West Virginia with my dad and step mom. Can a 17 year old get a marriage license without their parents' consent?

03/01/2017   |   Category: Marriage » License   |   State: West Virginia   |   #33105

Can a person use a marriage license that was received more than 6 months ago?

Six months ago, my bf and I received a marriage license in Utah. Due to some disputes between us, we couldn’t solemnize our marriage. Now those issues are over. Can we use the license to solemnize our marriage?

03/01/2017   |   Category: Marriage » License   |   State: Utah   |   #33096

In which county will the marriage license be issued?

My fiancee and I live in California but we will move to Georgia after marriage. The wedding is also going to take place in Georgia. What I wanna know is, if neither of the party to the marriage is a resident of Georgia, in which county will the marriage license be issued?

02/27/2017   |   Category: Marriage » License   |   State: Georgia   |   #32953

Can a person get a second marriage license if one expires?

My girlfriend and I are residents of Virginia. We received a marriage license and the 60-day validity period will expire by next week. We have not solemnized the marriage yet. Can we extend the license before it expires or do we have to get a new one?

02/21/2017   |   Category: Marriage » License   |   State: Virginia   |   #32588

What are the documents that one can submit for proof of their age in West Virginia?

I learned that I need to provide proof of my age when I apply for a marriage license. What are the documents that I can submit as proof of my age in West Virginia?

02/21/2017   |   Category: Marriage » License   |   State: West Virginia   |   #32574

Is there a way to get the marriage license issued within 24 hours of application?

I’ve been told that it takes a minimum of 2 days for the marriage license to be issued. Is there a way to get the marriage license issued within 24 hours of application in West Virginia?

02/21/2017   |   Category: Marriage » License   |   State: West Virginia   |   #32573

Under what grounds can issuance of marriage license be refused in Indiana?

My boyfriend and I are residents of Indiana and are planning to get married in a week’s time. Just to be clear on things, we wanna know if there are any chances of us not getting a marriage license?

02/20/2017   |   Category: Marriage » License   |   State: Indiana   |   #32489

How much is the fine for late submission of license certificate in Connecticut?

It completely slipped my mind to return my license certificate to the registrar. It’s already been a month since our marriage now. Is there a fine for late submission? If yes, how much is it? I live in Connecticut.

02/16/2017   |   Category: Marriage » License   |   State: Connecticut   |   #32278

How long is an Ohio marriage license valid for?

I Live in Ohio and will be getting my marriage license this week. How long is it valid for? Is there any provision that speaks to this?

02/15/2017   |   Category: Marriage » License   |   State: Ohio   |   #32208