Marriage » Unlawful Legal Questions and Answers

My Husband and I got married in December here in N.M. but he was already married. Is the marriage legal?

My Husband and I got married in December here in N.M. I since found out he is married to a woman in Idaho still, since around 2000. He is in jail as of last night for domestic battery. Is our marriage legally binding?

02/27/2017   |   Category: Marriage » Unlawful   |   State: New Mexico   |   #32995

Can I marry my niece under New York law?

I live in New York and I like to marry my niece. Is it prohibited under New York law?

01/13/2017   |   Category: Marriage » Unlawful   |   State: New York   |   #30093

Is it possible to enter in a civil union while the prior marriage is in existence?

I live in Vermont and I am legally married. Is it possible to enter in a civil union, while the prior marriage is in existence?

01/11/2017   |   Category: Marriage » Unlawful   |   State: Vermont   |   #29906

Can I marry someone else without divorcing my wife?

I am married and living in Wisconsin. I do not have a cordial relationship with my wife. I want to get married to another person but my wife is not willing to divorce me. Can I leave my wife and marry someone else?

01/11/2017   |   Category: Marriage » Unlawful   |   State: Wisconsin   |   #29900

Can I get married to my Sister?

I am a bachelor and living alone in the state of Washington. I have fallen in love with my sister. Can I get married to her?

01/06/2017   |   Category: Marriage » Unlawful   |   State: Washington   |   #29604

Does Washington permit a marriage between an uncle and a niece?

I am a bachelor. I have a sister who is happily married and is living with her husband and three kids. I have fallen in love with the eldest daughter of my sister. Can I get married to my niece? Does the law in Washington permit a marriage between an uncle and niece?

01/06/2017   |   Category: Marriage » Unlawful   |   State: Washington   |   #29603

Can two people get married if parent filed restraining order?

Can two people get married if a parent has filed a restraining order for the female against the male for harassment and death threats?

09/22/2007   |   Category: Marriage » Unlawful   |   State: New Jersey   |   #8941

Can a non-US citizen married in the US (L.A.) marry again outside the US?

Can a non-US citizen married in the US (L.A.) marry again outside the US, (i.e. Europe) without being held liable for bigamy? Assuming that the marriage in the US is still legal.

06/12/2007   |   Category: Marriage » Unlawful   |   State: ALL   |   #6363

What is the prison sentence for someone who commits one act of bigamy?

06/08/2007   |   Category: Marriage » Unlawful   |   State: North Carolina   |   #6268