How can my Parents make me stop dating an older Boyfriend?

Full Question:

Okay so I live in South Carolina. The legal age of consent is 16,but i'm not really worried about sex I'm still a virgin and want to keep it that way until I'm married.But here's the thing though I've been dating this guy and hes older than me we've been dating for about a year no sex or nothing and we knew each other before we dated ... we were best friends cause our parents were so everybody kinda knew it was coming and my mom loved him but now she doesn't and i don't know why hes in college and had a job and her and my dad had the same age difference when they dated and i turn 16 in like two weeks but she said even though that is age of consent that she can through me in jail for disobeying ... but see the law says that consent even if we did but i would be disobeying cause she doesn't want us dating and i could go to jail and possibly have my grades suffer i'm an all a student ... Can she really throw me in jail for this ? And oh yeah my stepdad is probably the reason behind her changing her mind he doesn't live with us because he has a case opened against me and my sister he raped her and molested me and hes is still married to him and seeing him..But i'm the wrong one ...
05/15/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: South Carolina   |   #37203


It sounds like you are saying that she does not want you to date him and if you do she is threatening to put you in jail. Unless there are issues that are not expressed in your email it would be rare indeed for a parent to be able to have a child put in jail for dating someone. Yes, until you are an adult you are under the control and supervision of your parents. This means that your Parents could seek a No-Contact or Restraining Order against him to stay away from you. Grounds to get a retraining order are needed so something would have to be shown that is wrongful toward you or them. They may also be able to get a temporary restraining order without really showing anything but when the hearing is held for a permanent order they would have to show grounds or the restraining order could be denied.