How do I change my name back to the one on my birth certificate?

Full Question:

The last name that I have been using since birth in school and everywhere else is the last name of my biological father. However recently found out that on my birth certificate it lists my last name as my mother's maiden name and no father. How do I change it as an adult because, I need to for college financing. Also since I do not use my mother's maiden name for anything, it is okay that I do not have any documents with that name?
04/20/2007   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: New Jersey   |   #3223


Please see the information and forms at the following links:

Ask Legal Question

Your Privacy is 100% Confidential!