Name Change Legal Questions and Answers

How do I change the name of my 13 year old daughter if her Father is deceased?

My 13 year old daughter has known another man as her father since she was 12 months old. She met her biological father in 2016 for the first time he was died in a car accident a few months later. She has always had her biological fathers last name but has been asking to change her last name way before she met her biological father. She continues to ask and both I and her fathe...

04/21/2017   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Texas   |   #36102

How do I change or amend my birth certificate to the name I have used for 35 years?

My husband was adopted by his stepfather when he was very young. He went to live with his biological father as a teenager. His biological father told him that he had his name changed back to his original birthname.My husband has been going by his biological last name for over 35 years. He applied for his birth certificate to get his passport and found out his biological father...

03/11/2017   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: South Carolina   |   #33762

My 21 year old son wants to change his last name to my maiden name. Can he do that?

03/08/2017   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Indiana   |   #33600

Where should I make an application for changing our minor child’s name?

My husband and I are thinking of changing our baby’s name. She’s is 1 year old. Where should I make an application for name change? We live in Georgia.

02/27/2017   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Georgia   |   #32957

Will the court grant a name change of a person who was convicted of kidnapping?

Last week, my friend was released from a prison in West Virginia. He completed the punishment for kidnapping a child and demanding money from the parents. He doesn’t want to be known by his old name. Will the court grant his name change if he files an application for a name change?

02/22/2017   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: West Virginia   |   #32652

Can a person, who was convicted of murder and is released from jail, legally change his name?

My husband has been released from jail now. He was convicted of murdering his friend by poison. Moving forward we want to live peacefully. Can he change his name so that we can live without the burden of his past?

02/22/2017   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: West Virginia   |   #32651

Can a sex offender change his name?

One of my old drivers is a registered sex offender. He was convicted of a sex crime act and is placed on the Sexual Offender Registry. He has been released on parole now. Can he change his name through court?

02/22/2017   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: West Virginia   |   #32650

Can a person convicted of felony change his name?

My bro has been convicted of a felony and is imprisoned now. He doesn’t wanna known by his earlier name since people may identify him by his notorious name. Will the court permit his name change?

02/22/2017   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: West Virginia   |   #32649

In which county shall a person file the petition for the name change of his minor child?

Two years back, I shifted to Brooke County, West Virginia. Earlier, I was in Mingo County. I want to change the name of my minor child. In which County shall I file the petition for a name change?

02/22/2017   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: West Virginia   |   #32648

Does a name change affect a person's right to inherit the property in Texas?

My uncle died and in his will, he named me as the beneficiary of his properties in Texas. Subsequently, I changed my name. Does the name change affect my right to inherit the property?

01/11/2017   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Texas   |   #29909