Name Change Legal Questions and Answers

[71 - 80 of 199]Page of 20

What name do I use if the divorce court granted my request but I am using another name?

I requested a name change to my mother's maiden name during my divorce, it was granted. I never completed the forms and stayed with my married name. My ex-husband retired, I am getting a portion of his pension. When he filled out the forms for retiring he put me mother's maiden name down. Now the checks are coming in that name. What do I need to do? Can I cash these checks?

03/19/2010   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: New Jersey   |   #21451

How Do I Change a Name on a Birth Certificate Issued From a U.S. Consulate??

I am Hispanic. My son was born in Italy when I was stationed there. His name is Andros Torres Ramos (Torres and Ramos are his last names) but his birth certificate which was issued by the US Consulate in Milan states his last name is Torres Negron (which is my last name; Torres from father and Negron from my mother). I was told this could not be fixed because is an Italian l...

03/16/2010   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Florida   |   #21417

In Illinois, how old must a minor be to obtain a name change without parental consent?

how old does a minor have to be to change last name without parental consent

03/12/2010   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Illinois   |   #21361

How do get a name change for the last name of a family in New Jersey?

I am asking about changing our family last name. When I married my husband, my husband's last name was Sin. My husband and I are both Korean. Actually his Korean last name is Shin but, when he came to USA, Korean travel agency made a mistake his Korean passport last name.(sin) Anyway, we are now using the last name 'Sin'. However, we have three little school age child, so last ...

02/26/2010   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: New Jersey   |   #21182

How Do I Change My Child's Name in Pennsylvania if the Father Won't Consent?

My daughters bio. father has not been in her life for 5 yrs she is now 6 and has had no contact at all (cards, xmas, etc). My husband has raised her from day 1 and is the only father she knows. We have 4 other children who are all very close. I currently have full custody but it is a temp order since Nov. of last yr. Can I change her name because my husband wants to adopt her a...

02/17/2010   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #21016

How Do I Find a Copy of My Name Change Order in New York?

I was born in New York City as Joanne Emily Handelsman in 1959. When I was approximately 17, I changed my name legally to Jo Emily Handelsman (in Nassau County, I think). I have used that name on my driver's license and passport and all other documents since then. When my mother died, I found that she did not leave me the documents for the name change. I recently moved from...

02/16/2010   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Connecticut   |   #20989

Can I file one petition to change all the names of my children in Utah?

I am changing the last name of my 4 minor children. All 4 have the same parents, same old last name and will have the same new last name. Can they all be listed on the same document? If not, can the 4 separate documents be filed under one case number (one filing fee)

02/05/2010   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Utah   |   #20813

Can I Revert to My Maiden Name Without Being Widowed or Divorced?

I am not a widow nor I am divorcing my husband yet I want to resume my maiden name. The change of name forms I have found all suggest that, in order to use them, I must be seeking a change of name other than what is on my birth certificate. What if I just want to revert to the name that is on my birth certificate without divorce or death of my husband?

02/02/2010   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: North Carolina   |   #20741

Should I Hyphenate My Last Name After I Marry?

Which is better legally-- to add on your husband's surname to your maiden name without a hyphen-- (Charlene Andrews Watson) or with a hyphen (Charlene Andrews- Watson) ? I will like to maintain my maiden name in some from since I am a medical doctor. Just wondering what are the legal/ financial ramifications of each option. Which is easier / better?? Also can you use either na...

02/01/2010   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: New York   |   #20727

How Do I Change a Name on a Birth Certificate Issued Abroad While in the Military?

I was born in a US Army military hospital in Munich, Germany while my father was serving in the US Army and my US mother was able to live there with him. Both parents are US citizens. My first name is misspelled by one letter (Scot, when it should be Scott). All other documents (i.e. marriage license, passport, Soc. security card, etc...) are Scott with 2 ' t's '. Any idea ...

01/27/2010   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: New Jersey   |   #20661
[71 - 80 of 199]Page of 20