Name Change Legal Questions and Answers

[21 - 30 of 199]Page of 20

How Do I Get a Copy of a Divorce Decree?

My mother-in-law obtained a new birth certificate from Puerto Rico which has her birth name. All of her identification has her married name. She has been divorced for many years but her deceased ex-husband never gave her a copy of the divorce papers. She is trying to get identification with her maiden name but need a copy of the divorce papers.How can she obtain a copy? A 2nd i...

08/22/2011   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: New York   |   #25385

Are there residency requirements to obtain a name change in Colorado?

colorado min. redidency 6th months? Saftey issue. Can I get a MD letter that I need to change name immediately. Had a letter from MD to break my lease. LIve in NJ moving to Co. can this happen?

06/24/2011   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Colorado   |   #25091

How Long Do I Have to Wait for a Name Change in Texas After a Felony Conviction?

I was charged and arrested for three Class B misdemeanors relating to one incident two years ago in another county in Texas. However, I was not convicted of the offenses then and was put on probation for 9 months with community service, a fine, and no jail time. Can this one-time blemish in my background bar me from obtaining a name change in this state?

06/14/2011   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Texas   |   #25026

How Long Do I Have to Wait for a Name Change in Texas After a Felony Conviction?

In 1994 I was convicted of possession of a controlled substance and given probation. They provoked my probation in 1997. In 2010 I turned myself in and bonded out on that violation charge, and my charge was dropped in 2010. My question is I am a Muslim and I want to legally change my name for religious reasons, but all my research says that I have to wait two years either after...

05/27/2011   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Texas   |   #24919

When Can a Felon Change His Name in Maryland?

I was adopted, but my adoptive parents separated when I was 4 and my mother later divorced my father and went back to her maiden name. She never offered to have my name changed. I had no contact with my father from the age of 4 all the way up until his death.Later I learned from both my mother and my dad's brother that the reason my parents separated was that he had molested a ...

05/21/2011   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Maryland   |   #24883

How Do I Change a Child's Name in Oklahoma?

I have raised my granddaughter since birth..she is 5 yrs old...i want to change her last name to mine...the biological mother ( my daughter ) is all for it.... what do I need to do?

04/09/2011   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #24607

Can a Name Change Be Confidential and the Records Sealed in Florida?

Can a form be drafted - Motion to Seal Records for Confidentiality in a name change?

04/04/2011   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Florida   |   #24568

Can I just drop my step father's last name and use only my birth last name?

I added my stepfather's last name to my birth last name when I was younger. Now that I am an adult can I just drop my stepfather's name and only use my birth last name?

03/30/2011   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: California   |   #24531

Can I Change My Child's Name in Massachusetts if I Can't Find the Father?

I have full custody of my 15 yr old son. His father has no visitation at this time but continues to occasionally pay child support via garnishment of his wages. He has not notified me of his new address or phone number and he has made no attempt to contact us in four years. My son and I wish to change my son's last name to match my married name. Can we do my son's name change w...

03/15/2011   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Massachusetts   |   #24410

How Do I Change the Name on My Social Security Card After Getting Married?

I have been married for 5 years. I never got my last name changed on my ss card but I did on my drivers license and I have been using my husbands last name on everything except for taxes. I have not worked since we have been married. we got married in Oklahoma and now live in California. I want to get my last name changed on my ss card now and I know that I have to have a recen...

03/09/2011   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: California   |   #24366
[21 - 30 of 199]Page of 20