Name Change Legal Questions and Answers

[31 - 40 of 199]Page of 20

How Do I Change a Child's Name in Washington State?

Hello in 2004 my I was coerced to sign and agree to a hyphenated name name change order by the court since then I never filed the papers and therefore her name was never changed. She is eight years old now. Just recently we have finished the final pare tong plan and I never saw it in the paperwork but the hyphenated name honestly slipped in and I am to use it and change all doc...

03/07/2011   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Washington   |   #24355

Is a Social Security Number Required to Get a Name Change in New Jersey?

Not sure what form I need but I certainly have a situation; a harrassment/stalker nightmare involving a fairly high ranking civil servant. Attempting to file formal complaints has gotten me nowhere, and through a friend a name change was recommended to me. From what I'm told this should be done in another state because of the information this individual has access to. Also that...

03/02/2011   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: New Jersey   |   #24328

How Do I Get a Copy of a Name Change Order in Michigan?

hello i had my name legaly changed 35 yrs a ago when i became a citizen of the usa and now d m v office or aka secertray of state wont let me renew my license they want the leagal doc how and what do i doi need to know how to i get replacement documents that i legaly changed my name when i was sworn in 35 yr ago as a naturalized citize

02/05/2011   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Michigan   |   #24154

What is the Proper Court to File a Name Change Petition in?

I just graduated from college, married, and moved to MA. I am still listed as a legal resident of Indiana (we only rent in MA, I still use my parents' address as my permanent residence since I lived there 1/2 of the year and am applying to return to an Indiana state school). I would like to change my entire name (1st name to my nickname, middle name to my maiden name, and last ...

02/01/2011   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Indiana   |   #24130

Do I have to appear in person to ask the court to grant a name change in Florida?

I was divorced in the State of Florida in 1998. I am still a resident of Florida. However, I am currently working as a US contractor in Iraq. Can a lawyer represent me in court there so that I can have my name legally changed back to my maiden name without my having to physically appear in court there?

01/24/2011   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Florida   |   #24069

How do I change my last name to go back to only my maiden name?

I need to change the name that I have through my marriage. I wear two last names and I would like to remain only one-my maiden name. How long this process will take and how reasonable is my request? Thanks

01/23/2011   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Michigan   |   #24064

Does a baby have to get father's last name?

My husband left me when I was two months pregnant, we were going through divorce proceedings while I was pregnant, I knew I was going to take back my maiden name when the divorce was final so when the baby was born I gave him my last name. A year and a half later...we still aren't divorced because of contested custody and placement issues. Another issue being that he wants to...

01/19/2011   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Wisconsin   |   #24038

How Do I Get a Certified Copy of a Name Change Order?

hi i changed my name in 1985...i have a photo copy but i need a certied copy how do i get one thx

01/19/2011   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Florida   |   #24037

Does my New Husband need to Adopt My Child to Have the Child's Name Changed to His?

Mother and father of a child get married after the child is born. The father is listed on the birth ceritificate but the child was given the mother's last name before they got married. Does the father have to adopt his own child or can they just have the child's name changed for a fee? This is in the State of Louisiana.

01/14/2011   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Louisiana   |   #24010

How Do I Change My Name to My Maiden Name in Virginia?

I came to the US in 2005 on a fiance visa and got married in Virginia Court in 2005 October and legally changed my last name from my maiden name to my husband's last name. My husband passed away in 2006. Now I want to change my last name back to my maiden name. What do I need to do in this case?

12/27/2010   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Virginia   |   #23881
[31 - 40 of 199]Page of 20