How do I remove my name from a child's birth certificate if I am not the father?

Full Question:

I found out that the child that I had custody for 5 years, who shares my last name, is not my daughter, by court ordered DNA. The mother became a prostitute and I had legal custody of the child. She was ordered to pay $100 a month in child support and then decided to tell the truth that the child was not mine. I have the court papers stating she isn't my daughter. The mother refuses to take my name off the birth certificate or change the child's last name, who now resides with her. How do I go about changing her last name back to her mother's and taking my name off the birth certificate. We did not live together and we were not married.
05/05/2007   |   Category: Paternity   |   State: Nevada   |   #3818


You may contact the following regarding a correction to the birth certificate:

State of Nevada

Health Division

Bureau of Health Planning and Statistics

Office of Vital Records and Statistics

4150 Technology Way, Suite 104

Carson City, Nevada 89706

Telephone (775)684-4242

Ask Legal Question

Your Privacy is 100% Confidential!