Paternity » Court Action Legal Questions and Answers

[1 - 10 of 18]Page of 2

Is the filing for establishing paternity time barred in Pennsylvania?

I am pregnant with my husband’s child, but my husband refuses to accept the paternity. I am planning to file a petition in the court for establishing the paternity of this child. Under Pennsylvania law, is there a time period within which I am required to file a petition for establishing the paternity?

01/19/2017   |   Category: Paternity » Court Action   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #30580

How to I make the Father of my Child acknowledge Paternity in Texas?

My 8-month-old child is born out of wedlock. I was having a steady relationship with the child’s father and we were, in fact, planning to get married. But, things took a different turn when he left Texas for a new job. I want him to acknowledge the paternity of our child. What should I do to make him the father of my child in all legal documents?

12/05/2016   |   Category: Paternity » Court Action   |   State: Texas   |   #27524

How Can I Establish Custody in Florida to Get Shared Custody?

What form do I need to establish paternity of my child with my girlfriend so I will have legal rights to a shared custody?

09/13/2011   |   Category: Paternity » Court Action   |   State: Florida   |   #25491

How Can I Challenge a Back Child Support Order if I'm Not the Father?

the alleged mother of my daughter had he while i was incarecereated five years after i came home i got a contempt hearing for arrearage of over 15000 usd we werent married i was never told about this child support nor did i sign anything how can she get away with this and how do i fix this and how do i present this case

05/31/2011   |   Category: Paternity » Court Action   |   State: Maryland   |   #24940

How Do I Prove Paternity in Pennsylvania?

My son's father passed away in December of '09. He was not there when our son was born. I need to establish paternity for social security purposes however the grandmother of my son is not willing to do a paternity test. I need to petition the court for paternity against the grandmother of my son. Is there a form or something I can do to go about doing this?

05/05/2011   |   Category: Paternity » Court Action   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #24784

Should a Paternity Action Be Filed Before Filing for Divorce?

My brother just found out his 8 month old baby is not his. They have been on the rocks for some time. He just wants to be divorced and move on. His wife has said she will get him for child support. He does not want to pay child support for this a child, because he feels it is time his wife takes responsibility for her actions. They also have 2 other children which he was told a...

03/06/2011   |   Category: Paternity » Court Action   |   State: Wisconsin   |   #24352

How Do We Prove Who the Baby's Father is in West Virginia?

Before my husband and i got together he had a girl friend who became pregnant when the baby was born she had another man sign the birth certificate, my husband believes the baby is his and wants to know how to go about getting a paternity test. Is this possible and if so, what would be the next step?

02/20/2011   |   Category: Paternity » Court Action   |   State: West Virginia   |   #24257

How Do I Prove a Child Isn't Mine in California?

My husband was married to a girl and she conceived a child right before they got married. However, she took off few months after marriage with unborn child and had the child without his knowlegde. California has filed child support for reimbursement of welfare. My question is that she has stated to him and his family that child might not be his. I have emails where she even tol...

02/19/2011   |   Category: Paternity » Court Action   |   State: North Carolina   |   #24254

How Does a Boyfriend Deny Paternity of an Unborn Child in Washington?

My son who was 16 @ conception and will b 17 when baby is born has been named as father, (girlfriend is same age) I have spoke at length to the mother and she has refused a dna test. How do i prove or disprove the paternity of this child? The mother lives in Washington State and I do not believe that she is receiving any services from Dept of Social Services.

02/15/2011   |   Category: Paternity » Court Action   |   State: South Dakota   |   #24234

Can I Sue for Paternity Fraud in Pennsylvania?

I was married and got divorced. Paid thousands in child support and lawyers fee because she was always coming after me. Everytime I received a raise she took me back to court in Bulter county. I had requested a DNA test with the child collection agency years ago and they said no because it would be emotionally damaging to the child. My son just turned 21 and we did a DNA te...

10/20/2010   |   Category: Paternity » Court Action   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #23446
[1 - 10 of 18]Page of 2