My parents are getting divorced. What are parent's parental rights on their child after their divorce?

I live with my Mom in Ohio and my Dad lives elsewhere. My parents are getting divorced in a couple of months. I would like to know my parents parental rights on their child after they get divorced.
12/31/2016   |   Category: Paternity ยป Parental Rig...   |   State: Ohio   |   #29189

Answer:

In Ohio, when the spouses are living separate from each other or are divorced, parents will have equal rights, responsibilities for the care, place of residence and legal custodian of their children.

This is provided in ORC Ann. §3109.03. It reads:
“When husband and wife are living separate and apart from each other, or are divorced, and the question as to the parental rights and responsibilities for the care of their children and the place of residence and legal custodian of their children is brought before a court of competent jurisdiction, they shall stand upon an equality as to the parental rights and responsibilities for the care of their children and the place of residence and legal custodian of their children, so far as parenthood is involved.”

Therefore, both your parents will have equal rights and responsibilities with regard to your care, residence and custody.