What is the law on parental rights over a minor child living with parents in New Hampshire?

I am a 15-year-old living with my parents in New Hampshire. I would like to know what is the law on parental rights over a minor child?
01/12/2017   |   Category: Paternity ยป Parental Rig...   |   State: New Hampshire   |   #29977

Answer:

In New Hampshire, father and mother of a minor are considered as joint guardians of the minor. The powers, rights, and duties of the father and the mother shall be equal. Upon death of either parent, the survivor shall be sole guardian of the person of the minor.

This is stated in RSA 463:3. It reads:
“I. The father and mother of every minor are joint guardians of the person of such minor, and the powers, rights, and duties of the father and mother in regard to such minor shall be equal. Upon the death of either parent, the survivor shall be the sole guardian of the person of the minor.
II. Nothing in this chapter shall prevent the probate court from appointing a guardian of the person or of the estate or both, and the custody of any minor may be awarded to either parent by such court.”