What form is needed to Relinquishment of Parental Rights in Oklahoma?

Full Question:

I have custody of our children, and my ex-husband would like to completely relinquish all his rights to them. I need the proper forms to satisfy the court. There is no disagreement about what is best for the children, we just need the forms.
06/02/2009   |   Category: Paternity ยป Termination ...   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #16841


A parent may also have rights terminated, either by voluntary relinquishment or judicial termination. A judicial termination requires proof that the parent isdunfit and/or poses a threat of harm to the child. A termination of parental rights voids any rights and obligations toward the child. The parent will no longer have rights to custody or visitation and will no longer owe a duty of support. However, it is possible that back support owed may still be collected.

We can assist you with searching to locate forms or we can draft and add forms you may need to our database. However, we cannot advise you to use one particular form over another. We can show you what is available. Please see the forms at the links below to see if they meet your needs or let us know if you would like us to draft a form to meet your needs. You may order forms online or by phone by calling Toll Free: 1-(877) 389-0141 - 8:30-5:00 Central Time Zone Monday – Friday

The following is an OK statute:

§ 10-17. Relinquishment of Rights By Parent.

The parent, whether solvent or insolvent, may relinquish to the child
the right of controlling him and receiving his earnings. Abandonment by
the parent is presumptive evidence of such relinquishment.

Ask Legal Question

Your Privacy is 100% Confidential!