My Grandmother is in a facility in Virginia and the Agent under her POA has moved to Texas.

Full Question:

We live in Alabama, my Grandmother / the ward, is in a facility in Virginia. My uncle has/had legal custody/power of attorney. He has moved to Texas and has left her in Virginia? ? I would like to get her transferred to a facility in Alabama, where she lived, and will be buried at, how can I get the athourity to get her transfered legally?
04/24/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Virginia   |   #36235


You would want to find out if the Uncle has abandoned his position under the Power of Attorney. if not, the Uncle may be able to authorize you to take her to Alabama where you could file for Guardianship if needed, or if she is competent she could execute a Power of Attorney for you to be the agent.