Real Property » Foreclosure Legal Questions and Answers

Can Foreclosure Affect my Retirement Savings?

What are the homeowner consequences of foreclosure, are my retirement savings at risk? I own a house in Carmel IN that is under water and have moved to Idaho.

12/20/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Foreclosure   |   State: Indiana   |   #25574

What Do File After I Get a Summons From a Mortgage Lender?

Hi, I have been sent a subpoena from quicken loans for the full amount owed on my second mortgage. My house has been foreclosed on for 2 years now and I am no longer associated with the house. I like many others came under hard time during the recession, including getting a divorce, and could not keep it no matter how hard I tried. I am required to give them a written letter wi...

09/06/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Foreclosure   |   State: Alabama   |   #25466

Do Anti-Deficiency Laws in New Jersey Cover Second Mortgages?

Do New Jersey anti deficiency laws apply to second mortgages?

07/08/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Foreclosure   |   State: New Jersey   |   #25155

Cana New Bank Continue a Foreclosure After Being Assigned the Mortgage?

Bank A assigned loan & mortgage to Bank B. Bank A had started legal foreclosure before assignment. Bank B never recorded its new interest but continued the foreclosure suit under the now-non-existant Bank A's name. How can I get judgment vacated?

06/02/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Foreclosure   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #24956

Do I have any recourse to redeem property after tax sale deed is executed?

My Property was sold at tax sale in 2009 I had no idea that it was until i receive overage notice in mail went to county they it was sold 2010 I had 1year to redeem an redemtion period was over. It was deed to new owner. How can i ge it back. They showed notices that they sent to me i never receive them, One notice i did receive letting me know it neeeded to be paid by August 3...

04/29/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Foreclosure   |   State: South Carolina   |   #24746

Is a Landlord Liable to a Tenant for Letting the Property Go Into Foreclosure?

I signed a one year lease with my landlord and the house is going into forclosure 4 months before the end of my lease. Is he in breach of contract for not paying the monthly motgage and allowing the house to go into forclosure? Do I have to continue paying him rent?

02/02/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Foreclosure   |   State: Nevada   |   #24133

How Do I Stop Foreclosure on My Home in Arizona?

How can I stop a non-judicial foreclosure in a case where the lender cannot produce a complete copy of the Note? A Trustee's sale date has been set and I have a loan modification in process. How can I stop the non-judicial foreclosure or at least delay the sale date until the loan modification is processed? The property is in Arizona.

09/14/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Foreclosure   |   State: Arizona   |   #18611

Does a Lender Mark Note Paid in Full After Foreclosure and Return to Borrower?

Is it a normal procedure for Banks to return the signed original mortgage note stamped PAID In Full to the borrower after a non-judicial foreclosure?

07/21/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Foreclosure   |   State: Hawaii   |   #17692

What is the Cost of Foreclosure in Florida?

What is the approximate legal cost involved in foreclosing on real property in Florida?

07/09/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Foreclosure   |   State: Florida   |   #17408

How Do I Stay Foreclosure of Homesteaded Property?

I need a stay order in connection with a high constable sale of my property as a result of a levy. I need to get this stay based on the homestead exemptions for me as well as my wife. In addition, my wife has an ongoing chapter 11 case. At least half of the items listed on the high constable sale are hers. Please help.

06/17/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Foreclosure   |   State: Virginia   |   #17041