Real Property » Joint Tenants Legal Questions and Answers

Mom died with no Will and owned a home with Husband who has been gone 25 years.

Mom has passed away, no will, she owned a home with her second husband, who he has not lived there for 25 years. She lived in the home. I am being told that he will get the home automatically. That her children would not have any right to heir her half.

11/08/2016   |   Category: Real Property » Joint Tenants   |   State: New Jersey   |   #26397

If a home is bought by a married couple what is the status with one dies?

if a home is bought by a married couple what is the legal status of the survivor

11/05/2016   |   Category: Real Property » Joint Tenants   |   State: Tennessee   |   #26217

How can my fiance and I preserve each other's rights if we buy property together?

How can I design a contract to buy a house on land contract for me & my fiance that will protect us both from the others ex spouses & children if one of us should die during or after the purchase ? The contract would be for $5000 per year for six years .

12/15/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Joint Tenants   |   State: Tennessee   |   #25573

How would my mother quitclaim property to me if she is a joint tenant?

My grandma has real estate with one other person, joint tenant with full rights to survivorship. She wants to quitclaim her interest to me. Can she break the joint tenancy and quitclaim the property to me? I was told when breaking the deed, it allows the joint tenancy to become common tenancy.

06/03/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Joint Tenants   |   State: Michigan   |   #16855

Is there a way to move a mortgage from one property to another if all owners can not sign?

I have a friend who wants to move a mortgage from one property to another - the mortgage is signed by three individuals and and on the mortgage it is written the three names C/O their attorney although their attorney did not sign. Two of the individuals are unreachable, one is out of state and one is in jail - is it enough to have a spreader agreement and partial release signed...

05/04/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Joint Tenants   |   State: New York   |   #16537

Do I still have rights to the property as a joint tenant even though I do not live there?

I currently own a home with another individual and the property is listed as joint tenants in common with right of survivorship. I am on the deed, title, and mortgage. I am currently working on a buy-out agreement with this individual. By law, am I entitled to have a key to access this property even though I currently do not live there or have personal belongings there?

04/29/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Joint Tenants   |   State: ALL   |   #16407

What is needed to ensure I inherit my mother's half of the home we share?

My mother and I are owners of a house. I make all the payments and I am the primary. Do I need a will so my siblings can't claim her half if my mother passes before me?

04/27/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Joint Tenants   |   State: ALL   |   #16173

What form is used to change the deed on my home to read Tenants in Common?

What form is used to change the deed on my home to read TENANTS IN COMMON? It now reads JOINT TENANCY.

04/13/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Joint Tenants   |   State: California   |   #15971

Can creditors make any claims against the house after my wife's death?

My ex-wife is terminally ill. I am the executor of her will. The house she lives in is in her name and her fathers and mothers names and the deed is listed as joint tenancy with right of survivorship. I realize her parents assume ownership at her death and this by passes probate, but in Georgia, can her creditors make any claims against the house after her death?

03/19/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Joint Tenants   |   State: Georgia   |   #15697

What is udufruct whe pertaining to property that I inherited with eight others?

I just received notice that I inherited a property deed in Kiln, Mississippi with eight other equal heirs. One of the 8 has usufruct . What are his responsibilities with the property? Is he solely responsible for all property taxes and expenses while he uses it or are other owners equally responsible? When owner with usufruct dies can one of the others force a sale or must all ...

02/02/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Joint Tenants   |   State: Texas   |   #15120