Wills and Estates » Ademption Legal Questions and Answers

Was my bequeath of 50,000.00 satisfied since my Father gave me $50,000 before he died?

If I was left $50,000 dollars in my Fathers Will but my siblings say that because my Father gave me $50,000.00 before he died that I am not entitled to another $50,000.00 as stated in his Will. The money he gave me was given after he made his Will. Can I get the money provided for in the Will? They say it was satisfied by the money he gave me. He lived in Florida.

02/08/2017   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Ademption   |   State: Florida   |   #31773

If a Guardian Sells Property left to a child in a Will does the child lose the property in Florida?

A Guardian has been appointed for my Father who is unable to care for his person or finances. He had made a Will before the guardian was appointed leaving me the farm. The Guardian sold the farm and now my Father has died. Did I just lose the farm even though it was Willed to me? We live in Florida.

02/08/2017   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Ademption   |   State: Florida   |   #31770