Wills and Estates » Disclaimer of Property Interest Legal Questions and Answers

I want to renounce the inheritance. How do I do that in Indiana?

My father who had abandoned us 10 years ago passed away recently. Apparently, he left me some property. I want to renounce the inheritance. How do I do that in Indiana?

12/20/2016   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Disclaimer o...   |   State: Indiana   |   #28442

What Happens to Disclaimed Property?

In the form, disclaiming an inheritance, it does not clearly say who will get the money after the disclaimant disclaims. Can You, or will you, explain that to me before I buy the form??

10/10/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Disclaimer o...   |   State: California   |   #25515

How Can a Pelative Give Up Their Portion of an Inherited Estate to Another Relative?

My uncle passed away and left his home to be sold and proceeds split 4 ways (My mother, father, myself and an uncle). I want my uncle to sign over his share. Do we use a Special Warranty Deed? How do I proceed. My parents want no $$.

06/21/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Disclaimer o...   |   State: Texas   |   #25074

Can I Force My Sister of Out My Mother's Home After She Dies?

my father passed away without having a will, my sister has lived in his home/property for 20 years and is attempting to have all siblings sign over there rights to her, i refused so she has said some nasty things about me, can i legally take the property from her? they are also cutting down trees off of the bankment which was planted to keep the hillside from sliding can I stop...

05/16/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Disclaimer o...   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #24843

What is the Date of Valuation of Inherited and Disclaimed Stock Options?

decedent set up trust with farm corp stock brother must buy but has1- 5 yr to start purchase option or corp is dissolved price of shares of stock set market value at death or when purchased which ever is higher.Question:9months to disclaim time starts at death of decedent or when taker interest becomes indefeasibly fixed in both quality and quantity. Is this interest fixed at...

05/11/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Disclaimer o...   |   State: Kansas   |   #24807

How Can I Avoid Claims by Heirs Who Don't Respond to Probate Notices?

Mt Mother QuitClaimed Property to 4 Children /o joint tenancy. 1 died leaving will & was probated to her e suriviors who for 7 mos. have refused to respond to probate Atty or contact from decedent's siblings What is legal forms need to now exclud them so the preperty can be reverse mortaged?

04/23/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Disclaimer o...   |   State: California   |   #24703

Can Heirs Be Reimbursed Funds Used To Preserve an Asset of a Deceased?

I've been advised to retrieve a Petition and an Order for Summary Administration - Testate in order to get a one certified order to change the property to my name. The question is there is only the property at hand and my father said it should be divided amongst the five of us with one since being deceased and he has 2 chldren. Is it possible for me to be reimbursed the monie...

09/14/2010   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Disclaimer o...   |   State: Florida   |   #23165

How Do I Give Up Property Inherited Under a Will in New York?

my mother died in 2005 and will her estate to my brother who lives in Barbados and myself. He has has asked me to inform the executor that he wants his share to be given to me. What document is he required to write or filled out? Is there a sample letter for this ?

08/09/2010   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Disclaimer o...   |   State: New York   |   #22867

How Does a Person Renounce Inherited Property in Georgia?

In the state of Gerogia, my father died in 1981 without a will. My brother was appointed administrator of estate. My mother received half and remaining was divided among the 5 children. All the children signed their portion over to our mother, but was never changed to her name, it remained as my fathers estate . Now, she has passed with a will for all her property to be sp...

07/24/2010   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Disclaimer o...   |   State: Georgia   |   #22735

How Does a Beneficiary Disclaim Property in a Trust in California?

We are in the process of a property being signed over to us from the two living beneficiaries of the Revocable Family Trust and we would like to know which form can document that legal activity? The type of property is real residential property and we want documentation to: 1) Document the legal activity of the two living beneficiaries to relinquish their interest and ownersh...

05/08/2010   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Disclaimer o...   |   State: California   |   #22047