Wills and Estates » of Children Legal Questions and Answers

Do I have a right to property of my son after his death in Virginia if I abandoned him?

I had a son (minor) who passed away in an accident last month. He used to live with his grandparents. I had left him because I wanted to move in with my boyfriend and my son disliked my boyfriend so I had no other choice other than leaving him. My son has two houses in his name, which he got from his dad at the time of my divorce. Do I have a right in that property?

02/08/2017   |   Category: Wills and Es... » of Children   |   State: Virginia   |   #31757

Does a Father whose parental rights have been terminated have inherit rights from Son?

My son recently died in a traffic accident. I has not had a relationship with him for some years and 1 year ago my parental rights were terminated. I would like to know if I still have any right to inherit from him.

02/04/2017   |   Category: Wills and Es... » of Children   |   State: Florida   |   #31551