Wills and Estates » Renunciation Legal Questions and Answers

What is the elective share of the surviving spouse in Mississippi?

My husband died two weeks back. We had lot of issues between us but we weren’t separated. Now I got to know that he had made a will a year ago. According to the will, all his property goes to his mom. This is unfair and I am going to approach the court to claim my share. Could you tell me the elective share of the surviving spouse in Mississippi?

04/06/2017   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Renunciation   |   State: Mississippi   |   #35252

Is it possible for a wife to refuse a bequest?

My hubby left me a small portion of his estate. I don’t own any property in my name and definitely don’t wanna accept the portion that he has left me. Can I reject the bequest by my hubby?

02/14/2017   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Renunciation   |   State: Mississippi   |   #32117

Can you explain what does Renunciation by Beneficiaries mean?

11/30/2016   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Renunciation   |   State: Louisiana   |   #27340