Wills and Estates » Trusts Legal Questions and Answers

Can a person leave property in their Will to a revocable trust in Florida?

My Father made a revocable trust in 1999 and later made a Will. In his Will it states that the farm goes to the trust to be handed in accordance with the terms of the trust. Is this legal?

02/07/2017   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Trusts   |   State: Florida   |   #31741

How is a will different from a living trust and how is specific property devised?

My question is about estate planning. I ordered the Will forms through the Dave Ramsey site. I received VA form 1556, as well as some others. Is this form for a Will or for a Living Trust? Are not Trusts advantageous over Wills because of less taxation? Also, concerning the property declaration on 1556, if I list no specific property, is there a default division of my prope...

11/17/2010   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Trusts   |   State: Virginia   |   #23660