Wills and Estates » Will Contests Legal Questions and Answers

If my mom already had a will is it legal for a stepson to have her make up a new one without having any

If my mom already had a will is it legal for a stepson to have her make up a new one without having any representing her

11/07/2016   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: North Dakota   |   #26331

How Do I Prove My Father Wrote a New Will?

My father recently passed away and left me a piece of land that he owned. I have been paying the taxes on this land for the last 5 yrs. I have the original deed as I purchased this from him 5 yrs ago he had a will drawn up in 2001 and. Had it amended in 2004 where he left this land to me upon his death me and my mom went to bank and each took copy of will then huge fight broke...

09/04/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: Texas   |   #25451

How Do I Dispute Being Cut Out of My Parent's Will?

My step dad offered me 50,000 to make his house and property sellable. A task that took us 9 monthes of hard labor. He was in kansas,for an extended visit- He Knew this was the last time he would go back to see my brother. Before he could get back to The Dalles, Were he had arranged to rent a house from his friend. He had a heart attack and then a dibilitating stroke. I was the...

05/18/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: Oregon   |   #24867

What is the Statute of Limitations for Contesting a Will in Kansas?

What is the statute of limitations for contesting a will in the State of Kansas? Two years after probate date, three years after probable date? Thanks.

04/12/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: Kansas   |   #24637

Is a Will Enforceable in California?

Hi, I have a question: My mother died in California a few weeks ago, leaving a surviving spouse and two sons (incl. me). We found a will in her safety deposit box at the bank from 1972 that leaves wills everything to her spouse, myself and my brother, but if the spouse cremates her (which he did-apparently they had argued about this, unbeknownst to us)then 2/3rds is left to me...

04/09/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: California   |   #24605

How Do I Stop a Relative From Taking Over My Parent's Estate?

My nephew and his mother made a will (which no one has seen) stating that my mother gave her half of the family home to him. The other half of the residence is in the eleven children's names (I am one of those children). My question is, I am in California, how do I stop this from happening as this is the whole family's home place and he and his mother are taking it over?

04/01/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: California   |   #24546

How Can I See the Bank Statements of My Deceased Mother?

My mother passed away September 2010. The eldest daughter of 6 is the executrix. The 5th daughter is the second executrix. The will is not in probate but we have seen the will (splits the estate 6 ways which I've been verbally told was valued at $260,000). I asked for a spreadsheet and documents of the assets and expenses. I received the expense sheet but she refuses to giv...

03/17/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: California   |   #24430

Cna We Prevent Guests Staying in The Home We Will Inherit After Probate of the Estate?

My Dad died 12-8-2010 and did not leave a will. He had to buy my mother out after divorcing her. The house was paid for and solely in his name. He remarried a few years later for approx six years when he passed. We (three grown children) are from his previous marriage and have already started probate with an attorney. He has not served her with papers yet. She is letting everyo...

01/29/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: Mississippi   |   #24105

How Do I Disinherit My Child in My Will?

I have 2 adult children. I want to exclude one of them from any inheritance. Is it best to leave the excluded child unnamed in Article 1, or should I name that child in Article 1 then, in Article Six, state that he be excluded from inheriting any of my property and estate of every kind and character, including, but not limited to, real and personal property in which I may have...

12/12/2010   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: California   |   #23810

How Can I Make Sure An Executor Carries out their Duties as Required?

I received a Waiver of Notice of Probate of Will that I have not yet signed. I do not trust the Executor but I do not want to make things worse. The attorney's cover letter stated the amount. How can I be sure that this is the amount that was intended and that I will receive the money?

11/29/2010   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: Ohio   |   #23728