Wills and Estates » Will Contests Legal Questions and Answers

My father married his secretary 3 days before he passed and is named in his Will.

My father married his secretary 3 days before he passed and she was POA for financial and medical... is this a conflict of interest especially when she also named in the will

11/11/2016   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: Vermont   |   #26586

My uncle’s will has left me $8,000. But, he had aslo promised me to leave me his BMW.his prized horse Philly. His Will states that if anyone contest the will, he will lose his share. Can I contest my uncle’s will?

My uncle was unmarried, and lived alone. I was his most beloved nephew. I used to spend holidays with him, and he often took me to his ranch. He has told several times that he’ll be leaving his favorite horse, Philly, to me. He also knew of my love of cars and told me on several occasions that he would leave me his BMW. In fact he told me this in front of some other family memb...

11/09/2016   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: ALL   |   #26474

My mother had always said that she’ll be leaving her home, jewelry, and an automobile to me. She passed away a few weeks back leaving everything in my elder sister's name. Can I contest the will or declare it invalid?

My mother was always fond of me, and had repeatedly mentioned, even in the presence of a few of our relatives, that she’ll be leaving her home, jewelry, and an automobile to me. My elder sister always had difference of opinions with our mother, and was not even visiting her for a few years. I was staying near my mother’s home, and ran errands for her. A few months back I had to...

11/09/2016   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: ALL   |   #26473

If my mom already had a will is it legal for a stepson to have her make up a new one without having any

If my mom already had a will is it legal for a stepson to have her make up a new one without having any representing her

11/07/2016   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: North Dakota   |   #26331

What is the Remeedy if an Adminsitrator Doesn'y Give Notice to an Heir?

What happens when there are 3 sisters in an Aunts Will, 1 is named by her name, the other 2 are named as nieces, the named by her name sister is notified, but the other 2 that were named as nieces were never notified of the court proceedings, nothing. Then they find out years later about all of it. The public guardian/administrator/conservators/executive's office in San Francis...

04/13/2012   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: ALL   |   #25654

How Do I Prove My Father Wrote a New Will?

My father recently passed away and left me a piece of land that he owned. I have been paying the taxes on this land for the last 5 yrs. I have the original deed as I purchased this from him 5 yrs ago he had a will drawn up in 2001 and. Had it amended in 2004 where he left this land to me upon his death me and my mom went to bank and each took copy of will then huge fight broke...

09/04/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: Texas   |   #25451

Are weekend days included in this 90 days to contest a Will?

I was given 90 days to contest my mothers Will whose estate was located in West Virginia. Are weekend days included in this 90 day period or does this just include business days?

05/27/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: North Carolina   |   #24910

How Do I Dispute Being Cut Out of My Parent's Will?

My step dad offered me 50,000 to make his house and property sellable. A task that took us 9 monthes of hard labor. He was in kansas,for an extended visit- He Knew this was the last time he would go back to see my brother. Before he could get back to The Dalles, Were he had arranged to rent a house from his friend. He had a heart attack and then a dibilitating stroke. I was the...

05/18/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: Oregon   |   #24867

What is the Statute of Limitations for Contesting a Will in Kansas?

What is the statute of limitations for contesting a will in the State of Kansas? Two years after probate date, three years after probable date? Thanks.

04/12/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: Kansas   |   #24637

Is a Will Enforceable in California?

Hi, I have a question: My mother died in California a few weeks ago, leaving a surviving spouse and two sons (incl. me). We found a will in her safety deposit box at the bank from 1972 that leaves wills everything to her spouse, myself and my brother, but if the spouse cremates her (which he did-apparently they had argued about this, unbeknownst to us)then 2/3rds is left to me...

04/09/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Contests   |   State: California   |   #24605