Civil Actions » Summons Legal Questions and Answers

[1 - 10 of 37]Page of 4

How Do I Answer a Complaint for Credit Card Debt Past the Statute of Limitations?

I have been sued over a credit card debt, which is past the statute of limitations. I have 20 days to respond to the court, and to the plaintiffs attorney. What form do I use?

11/04/2011   |   Category: Civil Actions » Summons   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #25542

How Do We Answer a Complaint for a Credit Card?

My husband and I both are being sued by credit card companies. My husband has until this Tuesday, July 5, to respond. What do we do and how do we proceed. We were and are trying to declare bankruptcy but this came up before it could be completed. I know that if we do not respond by July 5 at 10:00am that a judgement can be brought against us. We did not wait this long on purpos...

07/02/2011   |   Category: Civil Actions » Summons   |   State: Texas   |   #25132

Do I Have to Answer a Complaint Against My Former Business?

I was served recently by a person who has an asbestos case against numerous companies. He is suing me when I was the owner of a corporation which was disolved in 1992. Do I need to do something with this summons. I had a small business but I'm not longer the president of the corporation which doesn't even exist anymore. Should I just ignore this?

12/05/2010   |   Category: Civil Actions » Summons   |   State: California   |   #23763

How Do You Quash a Subpoena?

How do you file a motion to quash a subpoena and what forms are needed?

09/07/2010   |   Category: Civil Actions » Summons   |   State: Texas   |   #23116

Can I Refile a Case After Dismissal for Lack of Proper Service?

I started a lawsuit and the process sever served the banks lawyers - the Judge squashed my summons because it should have been served to either a registered agent or the banks main headquarters.Is my lawsuit perminatly dismissed OR can I re-serve the banks Registered Agent?

07/08/2010   |   Category: Civil Actions » Summons   |   State: Florida   |   #22624

How Do I Answer a Summons in Oregon?

I need to file a motion or answer to a summons to appear. I would like to buy sometime here so I can get my case together. I am in the middle of a move because I am not being able to pay the rent. I can not seem to find the right form.

06/07/2010   |   Category: Civil Actions » Summons   |   State: Oregon   |   #22333

How Do I Serve a Defendant in New York?

I am domiciled in NJ, and the person on whom I need to serve Process is domiciled in NY, Ulster County. May I use certified mail, return receipt requested to serve process under SCPA 307 (2)? Or must I arrange for personal service? The process is Surrogate's summons to an executor for a July hearing according to the Petition for Compulsory Accounting that I filed in Ulster C...

06/01/2010   |   Category: Civil Actions » Summons   |   State: New Jersey   |   #22281

How Do I File an Answer to a Complaint Filed By a Bank?

I have had A lawsuit filed against me and need to respond to the complait. What form do I need?Where do I get them. The defendant is A bank

05/27/2010   |   Category: Civil Actions » Summons   |   State: Washington   |   #22245

In Colorado, is it legal to serve a summons by leaving at the door of my home?

I was served a Summons and it was placed on my door step by a process server, is this legal and do I need to appear to the date specified since I was not physically served?

03/18/2010   |   Category: Civil Actions » Summons   |   State: Colorado   |   #21446

How Do I Appeal a Small Claims Default Judgment?

I need to make an Appeal at small claims court. I have until the 19th to do this I need Help. I have called several Layers No luck. I was Ill on court date and In Atlanta Have Dr. Note. Some one Please Help Me.

03/16/2010   |   Category: Civil Actions » Summons   |   State: Texas   |   #21416
[1 - 10 of 37]Page of 4