Can I terminate a used auto contract less than 72 hours old?
No federal or state law gives you the right to cancel a contract to buy a car within 72 hours. However, any contract may be rescinded due to fraud.
Fraud consists of five elements:
1. The making of a false statement;
2. With knowledge that the statement is false or with reckless
disregard as to whether or not the statement is false or true;
3. With the intent that the listener rely on the statement;
4. With the result that the listener relies on the statement; and
5. With the consequence that the listener is harmed.