What type of contract is needed for paying a finder's fee for new clients?

Full Question:

I am a producer with a production company (LLC). I am creating a reality television series based on a person or a group of people. I have met a man who claims he can locate talent for me and make the introduction, however, he is not a talent agent nor does he have a license. In return, he would like to receive a percentage of my Producers Fee, if and only if, I use any of his contacts as a re-occuring Lead in my television series. Also, he is lives in Philadelphia but will be locating talent from all over the U.S. What type of legal contract can I give him so that he will introduce me to his contacts?
04/14/2009   |   Category: Contracts ยป Finder's Fee   |   State: California   |   #16010


A finder's fee is a fee paid to someone who acts as an intermediary for another party in a transaction. Finder's fees may be offered in a variety of situations. For example, an employer may pay a finder's fee to a recruitment agency upon hiring a new employee referred by that agency. A finder's fee may be paid regardless of whether a transaction is ultimately consumated.

We can assist you with searching to locate forms or we can draft and add forms you may need to our database. However, we cannot advise you to use one particular form over another. We can show you what is available. Please see the forms at the links below to see if they meet your needs or let us know if you would like us to draft a form to meet your needs. You may order forms online or by phone by calling Toll Free: 1-(877) 389-0141 - 8:30-5:00 Central Time Zone Monday – Friday.