Can I fire my Court Appointed Attorney in a Criminal Case?

Full Question:

Can i file a marsden motion in Maryland circuit court to fire my Court appointed attorney?
05/27/2017   |   Category: Courts ยป Attorneys   |   State: Maryland   |   #37957


You are usually allowed to fire your Court appointed attorney and either represent yourself or hire another attorney. However, Courts do not favor unrepresented Defendants in a Criminal case. Also Court Appointed attorneys usually have a lot of experience and do a good job. If you feel your Court appointed attorney is not representing you in a proper manner you Court also ask for another to be appointed but you would need to show the Court why and have a legitimate reason.