Criminal » Sentences Legal Questions and Answers

How Much of a Prison Sentence is Served in Tennessee?

If my boyfriend has a plea bargain sentence of 35% of 4 years on a non violent offense, how much time will he likely serve in a Tennessee prison?

02/17/2011   |   Category: Criminal » Sentences   |   State: Tennessee   |   #24244

What could I do to someone who physically assaulted me resulting in my going to the hospital?

An argument evolved on a party bus between me and a 'friend'. It escalated and I flipped her off. I was wearing a ring on my middle finger which she claims hit her in the face when I flipped her off. I do believe that the ring hit her in the face as I do remember touching her face when I did it. After this happened, she swung a beer bottle at my head which resulted in a split e...

04/29/2009   |   Category: Criminal » Sentences   |   State: ALL   |   #16394

Could my brother go to prison for manufacturing marijuana if he has no criminal past?

My brother was charged with manufacturing marijuana, possession with intent to sell, and deliver marijuana, maintaining a dwelling for a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia after 24 young plants were discovered in his bedroom closet. He is 36 years old, very gainfully employed making $65,000 a year, and without a criminal past. He has recently been into ...

04/28/2009   |   Category: Criminal » Sentences   |   State: ALL   |   #16352

Can a person plead not guilty and a judge defer adjudication and then sentence someone?

Can a person be found not guilty during a hearing before a judge, and then the judge withhold adjudication and sentence that person to probation?

04/05/2009   |   Category: Criminal » Sentences   |   State: Florida   |   #15889

What is the formal legal definition of 'imprisoned'?

What is the formal legal definition of 'imprisoned'? Is being held in a jail (charges dismissed)different than being imprisoned?

03/26/2009   |   Category: Criminal » Sentences   |   State: Arizona   |   #15773

Can the court revoke my Conditional Discharge because I received a disorderly conduct violation?

I have a one year conditional discharge for a DUI. Can the court revoke my Conditional Discharge because I received a disorderly conduct violation? More importantly, will I go to prison as a result?

03/20/2009   |   Category: Criminal » Sentences   |   State: New York   |   #15702

In the state of Illinois, what kind of offense is a hit and run?

In the state of Illinois, what kind of offense is a hit and run? In particular backing into a parked car unoccupied.

03/15/2009   |   Category: Criminal » Sentences   |   State: Illinois   |   #15635

When consecutive sentences are imposed how are they served?

When consecutive sentences are imposed are the sentences served in order of sentencing date? There are two separate sentences.

03/09/2009   |   Category: Criminal » Sentences   |   State: Indiana   |   #15501

Termination for Theft at a Department Store for Grand Larceny

I was termitnated from my job at a department store due to refund theft. I made fraudulent refund gift cards totalling $550. I returned all cards UNUSED to loss prevention. The cops were called and they came and took a statement, but I was not arrested. They said an investigator would be contacting me. I have never been in trouble before in my life. What kind of punishment do ...

03/09/2009   |   Category: Criminal » Sentences   |   State: Mississippi   |   #15493

How Is An Offense Of Terroristic Threat Punished In Texas

What is the sentence guidelines for the offense of "Terroristic Threat" in the State of Texas?

01/08/2008   |   Category: Criminal » Sentences   |   State: Texas   |   #14548