Consent Agreement Form for Relocating with Children after Divorce

Full Question:

Do you have a consent agreement form for relocating with children after divorce?
04/28/2009   |   Category: Divorce ยป Child Custody   |   State: ALL   |   #16272


Unfortunately, I am unable to locate the form you requested. Terms for relocation are often specified in a divorce decree or parenting plan. If the parent who has physical custody wants to move, and the other parent protests, the courts in most states have the authority to decide, on behalf of the children, whether the custodial parent may move.

The courts typically consider the following factors:

Whether the move will improve the child's school or community. Whether the parent's motive was to harm the non-custodial parent. Whether the non-custodial parent's motive in resisting the move is to harm the custodial parent. Whether the non-custodial parent will still be able to have ongoing and significant contact with the child. The nature of the non-custodial parent's contact with the child so far. In cases that denied the move, a consistent theme is that the other parent has spent many hours each week with the child, consistently showed up for all his or her visitations, and established a close, supportive, and loving relationship with the child. The effect, either way, on the child's contact with grandparents and other people who are important influences in his or her life, as well as contact with the child's native culture.

Ask Legal Question

Your Privacy is 100% Confidential!