Divorce » Child Custody Legal Questions and Answers

I'm leaving my husband and moving out of state. May I move out of state with my child?

I'm leaving my husband and moving out of state. I've been emotionally and mentally abused by him. My son is a type 1 diabetic and I'm the care giver. Can I take him legally out of state with me.

11/26/2016   |   Category: Divorce » Child Custody   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #27184

I want to seperate from my grilfriend. What rights do I have to our Child?

I want to separate from my girlfriend. We live together for the past 3 years. We also got a 3 year old soon. I dont want to loose my son what rights do i have to keep seeing him and being part off his life we are not married and my name is on the birth certificate

10/28/2016   |   Category: Divorce » Child Custody   |   State: California   |   #25808

is a Private Agreement for Visitation Going to Cause Problems?

I had a child with my boyfriend in Arizona. We broke up and I moved to Alabama with my child. Before leaving, I got his written consent to leave the state with our child. We had no money for a lawyer at the time. We also wrote out a visitation agreement of sorts and had witnesses (family) sign it. This was over three years ago. If we go to court, will I be in trouble for ...

05/15/2011   |   Category: Divorce » Child Custody   |   State: Alabama   |   #24838

Can we agree on all the terms of custody and visitation without involvement of the court?

We are Man and Woman who were engaged for 6 years. We have decided to split up. We have 3 small childeren together. We want things to be as easy as possible. The mother will be the custodial parent. The Father can see his childeren whenever he wants. The mother and childeren will stay in the 4 bedroom condo that is owned under the fathers name. The father will pay the mortgage ...

05/05/2011   |   Category: Divorce » Child Custody   |   State: Alaska   |   #24785

Can a Mother Relocate a Child Out of State After Divorce?

If parents have joint custody and the daughter lives with her mother the majority of the time, in a state bordering the state the father lives in. If the Mother gets married to a Soldier and he is relocated over seas in a non-combat area, would the daughter be able to move with the mother? The divorce declares that the mother can only take the daughter one state away? The daugh...

01/31/2010   |   Category: Divorce » Child Custody   |   State: Kansas   |   #20702

can a parent take a child abroad without permission of the other parent?

09/10/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Child Custody   |   State: New Mexico   |   #18567

How Do I Get Custody from Abusive Parent?

How do I obtain emergency custody of children from unfit parent to non custodial parent in Texas. I need forms for pro se to get immediate custody of my children. They are in danger and I don't want to involve CPS. I need an emergency hearing.

07/30/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Child Custody   |   State: Texas   |   #17869

Can My Spouse Force A Child To Change Residence by Bribery to Lower Child Support Owed?

After 11 years of collecting $260.00 a month in child support I recently requested a review to increase. We met at the A.G. office and found out that he will be paying over $900.00 a month. He refused to sign the papers and hired an attorney. He has our 14 year old daughter with him and is planning to take her to the attorney's office today to sign a document stating that she w...

06/25/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Child Custody   |   State: Texas   |   #17183

Can My Ex-Husband Take My Child and Keep My Child From Me?

I had my daughter two years before we were married in 1999. In 2002, he took off with her to Michigan and has threatened if I come for her he will take off with her again. I need to know if he even has any rights since we were not married at the time of her birth.

06/23/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Child Custody   |   State: Oregon   |   #17158

Do I have the right to choose who I want to live with at 15?

I am a 15 year old boy. My parents were never married and there was never custody decided in court. I have lived with my paternal and faternal grandparents more than I have my mother and step-father. I now would like to live with my blood father and my mother says no. Do I have the right to live with the parent I want to since there was never a custodial decision in court?

05/29/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Child Custody   |   State: Idaho   |   #16814