Minors » Age of Majority Legal Questions and Answers

My 18 year old daughter was in a detention center and they want me to pay the cost.

My daughter got convicted of a crime and CYS send her away to a detention center for 80 days.She was over 18 and lives with her mother but are trying to get me to pay for cost of placement.Is that possible??

12/03/2016   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #27452

My daughter is in her senior year of high school she turns 18 halfway threw is she still under my rules

My daughter is in her senior year of high school she turns 18 halfway threw is she still under my rules or is she an adult free do as she wants

11/20/2016   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: Virginia   |   #26941

Can my ex-husband kick my 18 year old daughter out of the house because she got pregnant?

Can my ex-husband kick my 18 year old daughter out of the house because she got pregnant

11/13/2016   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: Texas   |   #26644

Spouse with Custody of Minor moves into new house but allows 17 year old to live in old house.

My husband's ex wife moved into a new house an is letting my husband's 17 year old son live in her old house an he is not amancipated nor was my husband consulted, she has primary custody, is this legal or should we contact a lawyer an who does the child support go to, his ex or his son???

11/07/2016   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: Louisiana   |   #26343

My daughter turned 17 years old yesterday and moved out. Is that legal?

My daughter turned 17 years old yesterday. And secretly moved out. She has medical issues with her thyroid, heart, and already has appointment to have surgery to get her wisdom teeth cut out. She is living with a 27 year old whom she has been sexually active with before the age of 17. I want to know how or what petition i can file to maintain custody until shes 21.

11/06/2016   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: Missouri   |   #26266

How Does a Parent of an Adult Protect Their Assets from the Child's Reckless Behavior?

Our 19 year old son puts us in harms way of loosing our home due to being sued. He drives his friends cars without a driver's license and sometimes ours without our knowledge. He does drugs and many other things that could contribute to an accident. He lives at home and currently pays $150.00 rent. He is not on our medical insurance. Would an LLC protect us? We're not a busi...

04/06/2010   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: California   |   #21701

Is my son considered an adult at age 18 in South Carolina or should we emancipate him?

In South Carolina, do I have to emancipate my 18 year old defiant-type son? He still lives at home, but we don't want liability for what he does and if he wants to go to college, he will do better obtaining Federal scholarships such as Pell grants if we are 'divorced' from all responsibility? How do we do this?

01/01/2009   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: South Carolina   |   #14899

What is the age of majority in Ohio?

What was the date that the age of majority in OHIO (where I grew up) changed from 21 to 18?

11/30/2007   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: Iowa   |   #13105

What is the age of majority in South Carolina?

Our 16 year old daughter has talked about moving out when she turns 17 to live with friends. Could you tell me what her legal rights are (and possibly what our rights are)? At what age is she allowed to move out on her own without parental consent in South Carolina?

11/05/2007   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: South Carolina   |   #11687

How old do you have to be to move out of your parents home?

09/24/2007   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: Georgia   |   #9014