Minors » Age of Majority Legal Questions and Answers

But what laws in Alabama should I know about age of majority if I am 16?

I am 16 years old and I know there is an age at which I will be considered an adult. But what laws in Alabama should I know about age of majority.

03/10/2017   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: Alabama   |   #33755

Can a 20 year old women date a 17 year old guy if he consents to it?

03/10/2017   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: Minnesota   |   #33746

What is the legal age of majority in West Virginia?

What is the legal age of adulthood in West Virginia?

03/01/2017   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: West Virginia   |   #33103

I am 17 years old. I want to take a loan for my higher studies. How can I do so?

I am 17 years old living alone in the state of Washington. I had signed a written obligation and had taken a loan for my higher studies. However, I was not prompt in repaying the loan. Is the written obligation signed by me enforceable as I was a minor at the time of availing the loan?

01/06/2017   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: Washington   |   #29606

Do I need my parents’ consent for a counselling session with the psychiatrist?

I am 15 years old and living with my parents in Alabama. I have graduated high school last year. I am in a state of depression due to my recent breakup with my girlfriend. I want to take go to a psychiatrist so that he can treat my depression. My parents do not allow me to go to a psychiatrist for a treatment. Do I need my parents’ consent for a counselling session with the psy...

12/28/2016   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: Alabama   |   #28931

I am 17 and a mother to a one week old child. Can i marry without the consent of my parents?

I gave birth to my child a week back. I want to get married to my boyfriend as soon as possible. We are 17 years old and are ready for this step. Is it necessary for us to get the consent of our parents?

12/27/2016   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: South Carolina   |   #28857

Can a 15 year old enter into a contract for music from a music producer in Florida?

My son who is 15 years old has been offered a record deal for music from a music producer in Florida. How do we go about dealing with the whole contract?

12/23/2016   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: Florida   |   #28678

Can a 17-year-old enter into a contract for educational loan? Will the banks charge more than the rate of interest?

I am a 17-year-old resident of Florida. I am looking at doing apprenticeship in automobile design in Germany. I have to borrow fund and I want to do it in my name. Am I, being a minor, able to enter into a contract for educational loan? Will the banks charge more than the rate of interest because I am a minor?

12/23/2016   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: Florida   |   #28677

Can I sign a contract after my 18th birthday? Is 18 years the age of majority in Alabama?

I am turning 18 years next month. I have earned quite a lot of money from my part time work and I wish to enter into a contract to buy a car for myself. I do not want my parents to enter into the contract for me. Can I sign a contract after my 18th birthday? Is 18 years the age of majority in Alabama?

12/07/2016   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: Alabama   |   #27650

My 18 year old daughter was in a detention center and they want me to pay the cost.

My daughter got convicted of a crime and CYS send her away to a detention center for 80 days.She was over 18 and lives with her mother but are trying to get me to pay for cost of placement.Is that possible??

12/03/2016   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #27452