Minors » Emancipation of Minor Legal Questions and Answers

I'm 17 and dropped out of school. I earn enough money at my job to support myself. Am I emancipated?

I'm 16 years old and I still live with my parents in Dayton. I've dropped out of high school and I earn enough money through blogs and youtube videos to support myself. Am I emancipated?

12/02/2016   |   Category: Minors » Emancipation...   |   State: Ohio   |   #27423

I started a company at 19 but my Father will not let me drop our of college and work.

I started a company with my friends and I started developing an android application. After the launch of the app in the appstores across all plaftorms, two companies have approached us to join them and merge our operations with them. My father will not allow me to drop out of college and work on my own. I am 19 years old and live in Detroit. What can I do to pursue what I have ...

12/02/2016   |   Category: Minors » Emancipation...   |   State: Ohio   |   #27422

I am 16 and I want to leave my parents and become emancipated. They are both alcoholics and I have to care for myself. Please help me understand how to get away.

11/25/2016   |   Category: Minors » Emancipation...   |   State: California   |   #27173

I am 17 years old and I have a child. My father kicked me out, does this mean I am emancipated and

I am 17 years old and I have a child. My father kicked me out, does this mean I am emancipated and legally allowed to make my own decisions?

11/10/2016   |   Category: Minors » Emancipation...   |   State: Kentucky   |   #26544

Can I get emancipated from my parents and leave school?

I am 14 years old and have been into gaming professionally since I was 11 years old. I live with my parents in San Francisco. I go to a private school and I don’t like it there. I want to quit school and focus on gaming for now and my parents are dead against it. I have heard that I can get emancipated from my parents in California because I am 14 years old now. Can I get an em...

11/09/2016   |   Category: Minors » Emancipation...   |   State: California   |   #26495

How can I, being a minor, stop a parent who had abandoned me three years ago from running my life when I am doing well on my own?

I play as the wide receiver for the Jacksonville State Gamecocks team. A scout from the Alabama Crimson Tide approached my agent and I am set to be taken into the team for the next season. I will be turning 19 in about 7 months from now. After the news was published in the local newspaper, my father who had abandoned my mother and me three years ago has come back to dictate ter...

11/09/2016   |   Category: Minors » Emancipation...   |   State: Alabama   |   #26494

Who has custody of a grandchild when the mother and father are both minors?

Who has custody of a grandchild when the mother and father are both minors

11/05/2016   |   Category: Minors » Emancipation...   |   State: New York   |   #26224

Can a 16 year old move out and attend school elsewhere with parent's permission?

can my 16 year old daughter move to another town live on her own to attend high school there if she has permission by both parents to do so?

03/10/2011   |   Category: Minors » Emancipation...   |   State: California   |   #24375

Can a minor move away from a custodial parent?

If I live in Michigan with my father, in a terrible situiation, but my mother has sole legal/physical custody in Ilinois, can I leave and live elsewhere in Michigan without my mother retrieving me?

09/10/2009   |   Category: Minors » Emancipation...   |   State: Michigan   |   #18564

How Does Emancipation Affect Statutory Rape Laws?

Can a Emancipated minor be with someone over 21 of age

07/22/2009   |   Category: Minors » Emancipation...   |   State: Louisiana   |   #17702