What are the requirements for becoming emancipated in Nebraska?

I live in Nebraska and I'm 16, and I want to get an emancipation, but I don't know how to go about getting one. What are the steps to getting an emancipation in Nebraska, and if I get one will I be able to move to Kansas?
06/16/2007   |   Category: Minors ยป Emancipation...   |   State: Nebraska   |   #6482

Answer:

In Nebraska, whether a child is emancipated depends on the circumstances and facts of each case. Nebraska defines emancipation as the freeing of the child for a portion of its minority from
the care, custody, control, and service of its parents. A child who moves out of a custodial parent's home for a short time is not emancipated if that child continues to be supported by a parent. The emancipation of a child by a parent may be proved by circumstantial evidence or may be implied from the conduct of the parties. Emancipation occurs where the parent renounces all the legal duties and voluntarily surrenders all the legal rights of his position to the child or to others. Emancipation of a minor may be partial or complete, express or implied.