Paternity » Parental Rights Legal Questions and Answers

[11 - 20 of 24]Page of 3

How to terminate my ex-husband parental rights

I'd like to know if I can have my ex-husband's parental rights forcably terminated. We have two children, under the ages 12 years old. We divorced when they were 2 and 4 years old. He moved out of state before the divorce was final, and without notice to anyone. He pays child support sparatically. He's currently somewhere around $60,000 behind in child support. He was convicte...

04/27/2009   |   Category: Paternity » Parental Rig...   |   State: ALL   |   #16174

What are my rights to my children if I only have temporary custody without going to court?

I fled from an abusive husband with our two children, ages 4 and 12. We went to a womans shelter and he went to state prison. After the womans shelter we were homeless in our car for two months. With no family support I phoned a couple who lives in Washington state just to vent. This couple had adopted a child my husband and I had almost eighteen years ago. We've always stayed ...

08/13/2007   |   Category: Paternity » Parental Rig...   |   State: California   |   #7921

What are my husband's rights to the child he has fathered outside our marriage?

My ex-husband got involved with another woman during our marriage which led to our divorce. The woman is unfortunately unbalanced and got pregnant to trap him into marriage. He is not going to marry her, so she has threatened to move to Louisiana, to get help from her ex-husband. She already has five children, four who are minors. I want to know what my ex-husbands rights a...

05/15/2007   |   Category: Paternity » Parental Rig...   |   State: Texas   |   #4777

What are my rights as an unmarried parent regarding custody and visitation of my child?

I am an unmarried parent of a 2 year old girl. Her father and I were together for 4 years, engaged, but never married. We are split now. His name is on the birth certificate and child has his last name. Unknown if he is legitimizing her or not. As the Mother, do I have sole custody? Physical and Legal custody? We had set up a schedule for visits just between us (every othe...

05/09/2007   |   Category: Paternity » Parental Rig...   |   State: Georgia   |   #4322

What rights does my son have to his baby daughter if he never married her mother?

My son and his girlfriend have an 8 month old baby. They lived with me since the baby has been about 3 weeks old. I was providing for all of them. They have split up and the mom and the baby left. Since they have left we have had the baby alot. The mother has been working. The mother has a history of drug use, and she cannot keep a job because she gets fired for stealing. Now t...

04/16/2007   |   Category: Paternity » Parental Rig...   |   State: Ohio   |   #3129

How do I terminate the parental rights of my child's father?

I live in Florida and my daughter's biological father lives in Puerto Rico. He agrees to sign away any rights he may have as a parent to my daughter. How do I go about this.

03/28/2007   |   Category: Paternity » Parental Rig...   |   State: Florida   |   #2241

What obligation does a biological father have if he is on the birth certificate?

If a mother of the child was with someone else (i.e., not the natural father of the child) during the months of pregnancy and 11 months after the child was born, and the child’s father did not have anything to do with the child during that time, will the father have to step in at this time? The child carries the natural father’s last name and also the natural father’s name is...

03/16/2007   |   Category: Paternity » Parental Rig...   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #1628

How do I sign over rights to the father once my baby is born?

I am having a baby and I plan to sign over custody to the father at the time of birth. My parental rights were terminated on a previous child in order for the father of this baby not to have any problems with DHS. What do we need to do?

03/16/2007   |   Category: Paternity » Parental Rig...   |   State: Oregon   |   #1605

What are my rights at the custodial parent of my son?

I gave birth to my son in Arizona in February of 2003. I was not married to his father. In 2004, the father petitioned for paternity but failed to keep up on court visits and paperwork. I believe the case was dropped. What are my custodial rights as Josh's birth mother?

03/26/2007   |   Category: Paternity » Parental Rig...   |   State: Arizona   |   #1031

How do I terminate my ex-husband's parental rights for abandonment?

My daughter has requested to be adopted by her stepfather, my husband, who has been the only real father she has had since my divorce from her biological father when she was 4. We have joint custody, with standard visitation rights for him, but he has not had steady visitation since the first 3 years or so after the divorce, and has only seen her twice in the past 3 years. He h...

02/13/2007   |   Category: Paternity » Parental Rig...   |   State: Texas   |   #697
[11 - 20 of 24]Page of 3