Real Property Legal Questions and Answers

What is a disclosure statement?

What is a disclosure statement?

01/08/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: ALL   |   #238

What is a closing?

What is a closing?

01/08/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: ALL   |   #237

What does tenancy in common mean?

What does tenancy in common mean?

01/08/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: ALL   |   #234

Do real estate forms have to be notarized?

01/08/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: ALL   |   #222

What are the requirements for adverse possession?

Owner A and Owner B own adjoining parcels of property. However, the property lines have never been clearly identified. Approximately 25 years ago, Owner A constructed a shed on what he thought was his property but is actually Owner B's property. Owner A has maintained the shed and used it soley for his purposes for the 25 year period. Owner B has since died and his representati...

01/08/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: ALL   |   #210

What recourse do I have if the neighbor's tree has grown roots on my property causing fence damage?

Neighbor A has a large tree growing near the fence that separates his property from the property of Neighbor B. Over time, the roots have grown over into Neighbor B's property and have uprooted the fence in some areas. What recourse does Neighbor B have against Neighbor A?

01/08/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: ALL   |   #209

Is my neighbor liable for damage to my roof caused by a tree on his property?

My neighbor has a large oak tree near the edge of his property. During a severe thunderstorm, several of the tree branches broke off and landed on my house, damaging the roof. Is my neighbor liable for the damages to my roof?

01/08/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Alabama   |   #208

What can neighbors do to legally set the boundary so that it will be recognized by each neighbor?

Neighbor A wants to enclose his property with a fence, but neither he nor Neighbor B know the exact boundary line between their properties, though they agree that the proposed fence will mark the boundary. What can the two neighbors do to legally set the boundary so that it will be recognized by each neighbor, as well as being legally recognized by future owners of the two prop...

01/08/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Alabama   |   #207

Does a landlord have any recourse against a tenant for subletting a property?

Tenant A, a commercial tenant, assigns the remainder of his/her lease to tenant B, without obtaining permission from the landlord. The lease contains a non-assignment clause. Does the landlord have any recourse against Tenant A or Tenant B?

01/08/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Alabama   |   #206

Does a landowner have to sell to the state if they are wanting to purchase property?

Landowner A has a large tract of land that the state has offered to buy for a new road. Landowner A does not wish to sell any part of his property to the state or anyone else. Does he have to sell his property to the state or can he refuse? Can the state force Landowner A to sell his Property?

01/05/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Alabama   |   #160