Real Property Legal Questions and Answers

What is the law regarding abandonment in Indiana?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Indiana   |   #1260

How do I get out of the ownership in property I inherited with my brother?

My brother and I inherited a rental property and are tenants in common. I want out. He said he will not sell and can't buy me out since then he has put money into the property without my consent or knowledge. The property is in Michigan. What can I do and what are my rights?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Michigan   |   #1245

What is the right of redemption law in Alabama concerning the purchase of a foreclosed property?

What is the current right of redemption law in Alabama concerning the purchase of a foreclosed property?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Alabama   |   #1029

Where can I find a Fulfillment of Deed?

I now live in Florida, but had sold a home in Michigan 20 years ago. I am now asked for a "Fulfillment of Deed". The Buyers say that the Courthouse requires this form. I did send them a Satisfaction of Mortgage, but never heard of Fulfillment of Deed.

01/31/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Michigan   |   #974

Does Ohio have a homestead law?

Does Ohio have a homestead law?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Ohio   |   #922

How can I get a property under contract, in order to sell to my investors without taking title?

02/19/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Texas   |   #745

What forms do I need to use as a "disclamer" to property?

What forms do I need to use as a "disclamer" to property? My aunt left me her condominium (she is deceased) and there is no valid will. The form I am looking for is one to have my sister and my uncle to sign, so that they legally acknowledge they have no interest in the condominium.

02/13/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Illinois   |   #694

What can a husband and wife do to protect vacation property from creditors?

What can a husband and wife (residents of New York) do to protect vacation property real estate in New Hampshire from creditors since New Hampshire does not recognize tenants by entirety?

02/09/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: New Hampshire   |   #615

Do I own the land where the mobile home sits that my mother-in-law gave me?

My mother-in-law signed over to me a trailer in 1998. It was immoveable and we have lived there for 17 years. My husband left us for his cousin's wife. Now five years later the new wife wants to build a house right on top of mine. My mother-in-law is trying to get me out. She gave me a paper saying that she turned over the trailer to me. I have paid the property taxes. I have 3...

02/08/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: New Mexico   |   #572

Does the state of Florida offer homeowners insurance in Ft. Pierce, FL 34945?

01/12/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Florida   |   #411