Taxes Legal Questions and Answers

How long does the taxpayer have to reclaim property sold at a state tax sale?

When someone purchases land from a state tax sale, how long does the taxpayer have to reclaim the tax sale property? How does one gain full fee simple rights to the property.

02/12/2007   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: South Carolina   |   #672

Is there a document that states the widow has to keep up taxes and property of the decedent?

Is there a document that states the widow has to keep up taxes and property of the decedent which is my father.

01/12/2007   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: Texas   |   #381

Does filing a homestead exemption in Texas protect against losing your home in a lawsuit?

Does filing a homestead exemption in Texas protect against losing your home in a lawsuit? Is there a limit to the amount that is protected on your home?

01/10/2007   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: Texas   |   #340

01/09/2007   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: Texas   |   #304

Where can I find information on purchasing property with past due taxes?

There is a form that I am looking for from a seminar that I went to. I think you can purchase property at auction regarding tax liens that are levied on the property when owners are past due on their property taxes. How is that accomplished and where do you get the information regarding the process?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: Georgia   |   #53