Taxes Legal Questions and Answers

[11 - 20 of 95]Page of 10

How Do I Report Inherited Property on My Income Tax Return?

What form do we need to report inheritance of property on our income tax return?

04/12/2011   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: Illinois   |   #24634

Can someone else claim a child on taxes as a dependent?

If someone asks you to claim their child and they don't and you have helped them out with money anf food for the child. Can they come back on you later and run to the IRS and report you without them getting into trouble also?

04/07/2011   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: Colorado   |   #24593

Can an Employer Force an Employee to Reimburse FICA Taxes Paid By the Employer?

My employer mandates that all employees pay the company's,which is a non-profit, share of FICA. In other words employespay the total amount due and the company pays $0.00. Is this legal? I am thinking about quitting and suing them for the money I paid on their behalf.

03/14/2011   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: Mississippi   |   #24405

Are Life Insurance Death Benefits Taxable to the Beneficiary?


02/28/2011   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: Delaware   |   #24311

Can an In-Law Claim a Child as a Dependent on a Tax Return?

My daughter turned 18 in December and has married a man who has no job, lives in the same house with his father and mother and half brother and wife with one child. The father-in-law of my daughter says he going to claim my daughter as a dependent on the tax form.Can he legally do this?

02/11/2011   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: Illinois   |   #24205

How Do I File for a Tax Exemption in California?

i need help with state of califorina state board of equalization tax levy need help !!!!! said i only have 10 days per sec 703.520 of the civil procedure

01/13/2011   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: California   |   #24000

Can Property I Own With My Spouse Be Taken to Pay Back Taxes?

My husband and I are married in December 2007. He owes back taxes (50k to 60k) for 2007, 2008, 2009. He said he has hired a tax attorney to work with IRS to resolve the issue. I added him on my house title after we got married. He has suggested I file as Head of Household for my tax returns for 2007, 2008, 2009 years because of his tax problems. Now I realized I really sho...

01/03/2011   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: Maryland   |   #23926

Can I Take a Tax Deduction for a Charitable Contribution Made in Canada?

is it possible and legal taxwise for an individual, corpoaration, company, or trust to make a charitable donation to a charity in canada and take a deduction on irs tax filings and vice versa from canada into the u.s.a.?

11/30/2010   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: Illinois   |   #23738

Can a manager of an LLC be held liable for unpaid sales taxes?

Can a manager of an LLC be held liable for unpaid sales taxes for their LLC where there is a strong set of LLC management documents and a capital fund at the outset? The LLC lost a lot of money but taxes were not paid (form was filed) for 2009 and no filing in 2010 (but not closed until May). Thank you.

10/08/2010   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: Missouri   |   #23351

I am moving to the Philippines in December. ill it change my tax liability if I create a US corporation vs. don't create a US corporation?

I am moving to the Philippines in December. I plan to start a corporation in the Philippines, for which I have a Filipino lawyer. The corporation will be a technical writing outsourcing company - I will hire writers there to do work for client companies in the USA. I will be back in the USA several times a year to facilitate this. The question is, do I need to also incorporate ...

08/28/2010   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: California   |   #23044
[11 - 20 of 95]Page of 10