Taxes Legal Questions and Answers

May I practice as a psychologist and get 501(c)(3) status through a non-profit company I own?

I am a practicing psychologist for a public school district with a EdS M.A. plus 30. I am wondering if I would be able to offer the same services I do now under a recently formed non-profit 501 C3 that I just received from the IRS????thank-you!hrelandt@sbcglobal.net248.652.0832

03/26/2010   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: Michigan   |   #21550

Can An Employer be Sued for Failure to Pay payroll Taxes?

CAN THE PRS. AND CONESS BE SUED FOR USEING FIAC AND MED. FOR OTHER THINGS BUT FICA AND MED

03/16/2010   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: Indiana   |   #21419

If I as a Canadian live in California for 6 months each year, am I resident alien for tax purposes?

I am a Canadian Citizen 67 yrs old and I want to spend 6 months in Palm Springs..I know about form 8840 if I fill this out can I stay 183 days. does the substanial presence test apply to me. All my income is from Canada and my principal residence is in Canada.

03/04/2010   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: California   |   #21257

How Do I Get Help With Past Tax Returns?

need help with state and fed tax from 1992

02/27/2010   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: New York   |   #21186

Can I Deduct a Scooter and Lift on My Taxes if I'm Disabled?

I am handiapped due to Parkinson's Disease(cannot walk) Medicare has furnished a wheel chair that cannot be transported in my Uplander Chevy Van. I purchased a Scooter and a Hydraulic Lift so I can travel and not be restrcted to 4 walls. My question is: Is the lIFT deductible? Is the Van Deductible? I was advised thar he Scooter is Deductible Thank you,

02/17/2010   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #21011

Will I Be Taxed on a Cancelled Debt?

Due to loss of income my wife and I had to give up our home of six years. We recently received a statement from the FinanceCompany showing a debt cancellation of $173,060.The home had dropped in valuefrom $303,060., to 130.00.Even though we received no benefit from this forclosurewill I be taxed or penalizedon this loss.

02/08/2010   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: California   |   #20848

Is a Tax Preparer Liable for a Mistake on My Tax Return?

H@R Block we just found out has been filing a disability deductions on our son but his disability does not meet irs guidelines. Were getting a medical note from his dr. Tuesday to see where he now stands on his disability .H@r Block has never advised us of irs requirements. Their rep told me the irs hardly ever checks on this anyways. Who liable to pay back the money to the irs...

02/03/2010   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: New York   |   #20779

How do I report tax fraud for illegally claiming my child as a dependent?

How do I go about stopping tax fraud? Some one has been taking my child on thier taxes and I dont know what to do to stop it.

01/31/2010   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: Virginia   |   #20703

What is the Time Period for Rolling Over a 401K Plan?

time allowed to relocate my 401k after termination? I left my job in NY with my 401k and relocated to Florida

01/21/2010   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: Florida   |   #20549

Can a Co-Owners Unpaid Share of Property Expenses Count as Imputed Income?

My sole proprietor business purchased a building 5 years ago. I have two other people on the deed. My accountant says they should not be on the deed because they do not pay for the building. Would this be Imputed Income for these individuals - since I pay all the expenses. It's a very complicated situation! If anyway that this is true it would help me greatly in my refinan...

01/06/2010   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #20323