Contractors » Construction Liens Legal Questions and Answers

Can an architect file a mechanic's lien?

Can an architect file a mechanic's lien? If my services were completed in July, am I still able to file? Who delivers the lien? Should an attorney be retained to file such a lien?

01/09/2007   |   Category: Contractors » Construction...   |   State: Connecticut   |   #294

What is the Cap for Filing a Claim in Small Claims Court?

I filed a mechanics lien on a house that I had built a room addition on the property for the owner. I had an oral agreement that I would be compensated for my labor at the time of her selling the property. Now she has sent me notice to file suit to collect on the lien. The lien is for $23,000.00. Is it to big for a small claims court?

01/09/2007   |   Category: Contractors » Construction...   |   State: Illinois   |   #268

Do we need to submit a pre construction lien notice before actually starting to work?

We are a subcontractor on a Tennessee project. Do we need to submit a pre construction lien notice before actually starting to work?

01/09/2007   |   Category: Contractors » Construction...   |   State: Tennessee   |   #253

Where do I file a mechanic's lien?

Where do I file a mechanic's lien?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Contractors » Construction...   |   State: Nebraska   |   #95