Divorce » Alimony Legal Questions and Answers

Can my husband receive alimony if we were only married for 8 years in Georgia and he committed adultery

Can my husband receive alimony if we were only married for 8 years in Georgia and he committed adultery and has a domestic violence issue pending also against me?

04/29/2017   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: Georgia   |   #36404

What are the factors are considered before deciding the amount for maintenance in Alaska?

It has just been a few years to our marriage and my wife wants to end the marriage. She has already filed a divorce and a maintenance case against me. In Alaska, what are the factors that the court may take into consideration before deciding the amount for maintenance?

01/25/2017   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: Alaska   |   #30954

What factors does the court take into consideration for determining alimony in New Jersey?

I am getting a divorce from my wife. We have been separated for two years. What factors will the court take into consideration when determining alimony for a spouse in New Jersey?

01/18/2017   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: New Jersey   |   #30518

When can maintenance be claimed while getting a divorce in Wisconsin?

I reside in Wisconsin. I filed a petition for divorce. I am jobless and I have no other source of income. I am entitled to get maintenance?

01/18/2017   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: Wisconsin   |   #30515

Am I entitled to get alimony, if I am jobless and the physical condition prevents me from doing a job?

I reside in Maryland. I had filed a petition for divorce and alimony. I am jobless and the physical condition prevents me from doing a job. Am I entitled to get alimony?

01/12/2017   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: Maryland   |   #29985

Can I get Maintenance if I cannot afford to provide for myself in a divorce?

I reside in Montana. My marriage is gone and I filed a petition for maintenance. I am unable to support myself and maintain the lifestyle through my current employment as a waitress. I lack sufficient property to provide for even reasonable needs. All our marital property is in the custody of my husband. I could work only part-time due to the stress caused by the dissolution. ...

01/04/2017   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: Montana   |   #29430

Will the court grant me alimony sufficient for my needs?

I am married and have a two-year-old child. I am a resident of Washington and have filed a petition for divorce and alimony. As I did not complete my high school there is minimal chance to get a job for a decent living. My husband is financially stable and has a good job. Will the court grant me alimony sufficient for my needs?

01/02/2017   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: Washington   |   #29297

Is it possible to increase the alimony if there is a change in circumstances in future?

I am a divorcee who lives in Michigan. I got divorced three years ago. I have custody of our minor daughter. My ex-husband is paying alimony monthly. Now I am ill and is not able to earn a living. My ex-husband is in a well settled position right now. Is there any provision to increase the alimony?

12/28/2016   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: Michigan   |   #29010

If the ex-wife cohabitates with another man, can the alimony be terminated?

I am a resident of Alabama. I got divorced 3 years ago. From then onwards I am providing periodic payments of alimony to my ex-wife. Now she is cohabitating with another person for the last 6 months. Can I move to terminate the alimony? Is there any provision to reimburse the alimony already paid?

12/28/2016   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: Alabama   |   #29006

I would like to know the grounds under which maintenance order can be modified or terminated.

I live in Kentucky. I got divorced from my wife a year ago. I have been providing her maintenance ever since. I would like to know the grounds under which maintenance order can be modified or terminated.

12/23/2016   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: Kentucky   |   #28663