Divorce » Alimony Legal Questions and Answers

Can I get Maintenance if I cannot afford to provide for myself in a divorce?

I reside in Montana. My marriage is gone and I filed a petition for maintenance. I am unable to support myself and maintain the lifestyle through my current employment as a waitress. I lack sufficient property to provide for even reasonable needs. All our marital property is in the custody of my husband. I could work only part-time due to the stress caused by the dissolution. ...

01/04/2017   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: Montana   |   #29430

Will i get alimony if i have been separated for 7 years without payment by Husband. Will I get alimony now?

Will I get alimony if I have been separated for 7 years without getting any money from my husband.

10/28/2016   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: California   |   #25824

Can I Request Alimony After the Divorce is Final?

My ex-husband and I were married 5 years and separated for the legal year required in North Carolina. We got a divorce in 2009. He pays full child support meaning anything our child needs, he pays for, it does not come to me in any financial form. I gave up rights for alimony because I thought I would be OK, working 2 jobs. With the 2 jobs, I make slightly under $30,000. I have...

06/02/2011   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: North Carolina   |   #24950

Can a Spouse Be Forced to Work Additional Jobs to Pay Alimony?

Is it a legal requirement for a man's overtime income or additional employment (in addition to his primary full time job as an airline first officer) be taken into account when determining the amount of spousal maintenance due? In other words, is it enforcable to make the man work more than 1 full time job?

04/20/2010   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: Colorado   |   #21849

Is it legal and or right for a judge to award the other person 100% of your expense money as income?

In a divorce in Oklahoma, is it legal and or right for a judge to award the other person 100% of your expense money from your work (not taxed) as earned income? This is in the temporary order and my trial date is coming up.

05/19/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #16708

My alimony payment to my wife ended so can she request more in the future?

My maintenance payment to my ex wife ended this month after five years. Can she come back in the future and request it begin again?

05/04/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: ALL   |   #16548

I was ordered to pay spousal support

I was married for 18 years and divorced in 1998. At that time I was ordered to pay spousal support indefinitely. I have since been back to Court 3 times, at considerable expense, and have had the support reduced on each occasion. However, no one seems to be able to define what the term 'indefinite' means. Also, my ex-wife's lawyer was ordered to submit paperwork to my employer...

04/29/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: ALL   |   #16412

Am I required to share my retirment money with my ex-wife?

I am 53 years old and paying 1K in alimony per month. I have been layed off and am now considering executing an early retirement benefit. To date my ex has not put in a QDRO (qualified domestic relation order). Will I be retroactively responsible when and if my ex puts in QDRO, the divorce becress calls for 50% distribution. My employer advised that they are only responsible on...

04/28/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: ALL   |   #16342

Is it possible to get unallocated spousal support in a divorce settlement in the state of VA?

04/22/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: Virginia   |   #16092

Is there a Kansas law stipulating alimony be paid monthly if the order stated anually?

Is there a Kansas law stipulating alimony be paid monthly during the year in the event the maintenance agreement just states an annual amount?

04/11/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Alimony   |   State: Kansas   |   #15952