Divorce » Child Support Legal Questions and Answers

How long can you be incarcerated for child support?

11/26/2016   |   Category: Divorce » Child Support   |   State: Missouri   |   #27193

I recently divorced my husband and asked him to pay child support for the care of our 5-year-old son. He isn’t listening to my requests. What should I do?

I recently divorced my husband of seven years. We have a son together, aged 5 years old. I started requesting my ex-husband to pay $500 monthly for child support for our son. He is not listening to my requests and is yet to pay any child support. Our divorce decree does not specify any child support. I would like to know how I can get my ex-husband to pay child support.

11/09/2016   |   Category: Divorce » Child Support   |   State: ALL   |   #26492

Can the wife file for child support even though she signed an agreement in a pending divorce action?

can the wife file for child support even though she signed an agreement during the divorce stating no child support?

11/05/2016   |   Category: Divorce » Child Support   |   State: Delaware   |   #26238

What exactly are extracurricular activities that I have to pay for my Child?

What exactly are "extracurricular activities?" We are not sure how to differieniate between some things. Does the day of the week matter that the activity takes place and who sponsors it? Are special clubs considered extracurricular if they meet on Saturdays? Is a Summer camp considered extracurricular? My son plays on a travel hockey league that I pay 75% of and his mother pa...

10/29/2016   |   Category: Divorce » Child Support   |   State: Georgia   |   #25868

What is the Liability for Child Support After Minority in Wisconsin?

I have a step-daughter that turns 18 in July, and will be attending college as a full time student. My wife's divorce decree notes that child support ends when the child reaches 18. In the provisions of the decree, the parents agreed to claim their daughter as a dependent every other year. My wife is the custodial parent. My question is: if my stepdaughter continues to spe...

06/21/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Child Support   |   State: Wisconsin   |   #17098

Can an Affidavit Be Used in Virginia to Terminate Duty of Child Support?

I live in the state of Virginia and my boyfriend lives in Pennsylvania. I'm having his baby, but I want to release him from any financial obligation toward the baby (child support). Is an affidavit the correct way to go? Will an affidavit hold in court?

06/11/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Child Support   |   State: Virginia   |   #16931

How would I enforce the divorce decree and get an order for college support?

In my divorce decree, it states: POST SECONDARY EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT--The court shall maintain jurisdiction up to age 23 persuant to RCW 26.19.090 to determine parental contribution for payment of the children's college expenses. My oldest daughter (there are 3 children) is now 17 and will be a Sr in High School next year. We have planned for all 3 children to attend college, bu...

06/02/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Child Support   |   State: Washington   |   #16849

What is the law regarding child support once the age of majority is reached?

What is the law regarding age of majority and child support for children who may attend college after age of majority? Is it mandated for the father to continue support of child regardless of circumstances?

06/01/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Child Support   |   State: Nevada   |   #16838

How and where would I get the child support order revised?

I HAVE A PENDING CHILD SUPPORT ORDER IN FLORIDA. I WAS DIVORCED IN GA. IN THE DIVORCE, GEORGIA SAID THE ORDER WOULD STAY THE WAY IT WAS, BUT I WANT THE SUPPORT TO BE LOWERED BECAUSE ONE CHILD TURNED 18, DROPPED OUT OF SCHOOL, MY SECOND CHILD IS 17 HAS BEEN LIVING WITH ME IN FLORIDA SINCE 2003- I WAS DIVORCED IN 2004 - PAYING CHILD SUPPORT IN FLORIDA SINCE 2000, MY YOUNGEST WHO ...

05/25/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Child Support   |   State: Florida   |   #16774

How can I have the order for child support modified?

My ex pays his second ex wife at least 10 times the child support for the one child he has with his brief 24 month marriage to her. He does this by letting her live rent free in a 2 million dollar home, and paying all of her expenses through the business. She also gets $2,000 per month and a salary because he is letting her run the business. (cash business,_laundry machines) a ...

05/06/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Child Support   |   State: California   |   #16597