Divorce » Legal Separation Legal Questions and Answers

Can I restore my maiden name during a legal separation in California?

My Husband and I are getting a legal separation in California and I want to restore my maiden name. Can I have that done while getting the legal separation?

11/25/2016   |   Category: Divorce » Legal Separa...   |   State: California   |   #27170

Can i get a legal separation in Minnesota but still live with my wife?

Can I get a legal separation in Mn but still live in the same house? We have children and wish to continue raising them together, in the same home, 50/50 care with no child support. Additionally does the legal separation allow us to file single on taxes?

11/05/2016   |   Category: Divorce » Legal Separa...   |   State: Minnesota   |   #26245

Can a Legal Separation be Filed Without an Attorney?

My husband and I wish to file for legal seperation after 57 years of marriage, we have few assets and will still live near enough to give some support. Current lawyer is asking $1000 to get this seperation. Question, is there another way to get same results without such cost and anger over the cost?

05/25/2011   |   Category: Divorce » Legal Separa...   |   State: Arizona   |   #24897

Can My Husband Throw Me Out of The Home if the Home is in His Name?

I live in Chicago, Illinois, Can my husband kick me out of our home if he acquired it before marriage but is still paying mortgage and it is under his name?Everytime we get in a heated argument, he seems to kick me out of our home.

02/17/2011   |   Category: Divorce » Legal Separa...   |   State: Illinois   |   #24239

Can I Force a Spouse to Sign a Separation Agreement?

I have requested a legal separation from my husband who refuses to sign? We have no minor children, we own a home with very little equity, and our only assets are our 401 K plans? Does he have to sign?

09/07/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Legal Separa...   |   State: North Carolina   |   #18472

Can My Spouse Voluntarily Remove Me as a Dependent on Health Insurance?

A heart attack destroyed 20% of my heart in January 2007, creating a 'Pre-existing Condition' for new health and life insurances. My wife has maintained Blue Cross of Texas health insurance coverage on the family for years thru the Postal Service, but now she wants out of the marrage and does not wish to provide me with insurance coverage, even if I pay the cost difference. I...

09/04/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Legal Separa...   |   State: Texas   |   #18448

What if you would like to date someone and you have a legal separation in South Carolina?

I am legally separated from my wife but not legally divorced yet. We have no kids. We have already divided the assets, made agreement on alimony, etc. What is my exposure (if any) if I decide to date during the period between separation and divorce?

07/27/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Legal Separa...   |   State: South Carolina   |   #17821

How Does A Couple Divide Finances Before a Separation is Filed?

I have been married for six months. My wife left me and will not communicate properly with me. I've offered anything to remedy the problem, which she refuses. The marriage certificate is from Barbados and she will not give me a copy. What are my rights and can I have the union dissolved easily?

06/15/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Legal Separa...   |   State: Illinois   |   #16980

Can a married couple obtain a legal separation and both remain in the same house?

Can a married couple obtain a legal separation and remain in the same house?

06/10/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Legal Separa...   |   State: North Carolina   |   #16917

How do I divorce my spouse who is in Puerto Rico where we lived?

My husband lives in Puerto Rico. Can I still file for a separation? We own a home together in Puerto Rico. What can I do with a legal separation? Can I take him off my car insurance policy?

05/30/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Legal Separa...   |   State: New York   |   #16825