Employment Legal Questions and Answers

Can I place funds into a profit sharing plan after year end?

Our LLC, S corp, has a profit sharing plan which places money in each employees individually directed retirement account. My question is, is it legal to place funds into a retirement account after the fiscal year or even the calendar year has passed ( i.e. contributing to 2016, or even earlier)?

03/08/2017   |   Category: Employment   |   State: Illinois   |   #33603

I had heart attack 8 months ago and can do light work but my employer wants me to be fully released.

I had heart attack 8 months ago I have a letter for me from my doctor stating I'm able to go back to work on light duty no heavy lifting I went to back to work on Monday the six a February work 10 hours that day delivering tires. Now Wednesday my job tells me that I can't come back to work until I get a letter from my doctor releasing me completely what should I do. now my he...

03/08/2017   |   Category: Employment   |   State: New Jersey   |   #33590

Do I get paid to attend summer training classes by my Employer?

My employer sent me to a program over the summer for medication aide. There was class time and I am required to do 40 hours of training with a RN at work then after that is done my teacher comes to check me off and sends certification into the state. Well I started the training at work and the are refusing to pay me for hours I've trained. Is this legal?

11/01/2016   |   Category: Employment   |   State: Wisconsin   |   #26040

Does a Position Description Prevent Me from Getting Terminated?

I am an executive director of a medium size company and do not have a position description. Our atty says I don't need one. My CEO has given me a performance review without a position description. I am also told that it is easier to terminate an employee who does not have a PD. True?

03/23/2011   |   Category: Employment   |   State: Minnesota   |   #24469

Is an Employer Responsible for an Employee's Auto Accident While on the Job?

My son had a wreck while at work. It was during work hours and on employers property. He was driving for work purposes in his own car. The wreck was his fault. Is the employer required to pay for an damages?

03/19/2011   |   Category: Employment   |   State: Texas   |   #24444

Why is it Legal for an Employer to Make Detention Time Unpaid for Truckers?

i drive semi over the road for a living. i have drove for 23 years and it is a common practice for trucking companies to require us to sit for up to 3 hours free getting loaded and unloaded, further, at their discretion, they refuse to pay layover pay when we are required to sit waiting on another load for up to and over 24 hours. my question is, this is involuntary servitude, ...

03/05/2011   |   Category: Employment   |   State: Ohio   |   #24346

What can I do when threatens and harassed by co-worker and boss laughs at me about it?

I was threatened at work by a man. He lunged at me. I am a female and I am afraid to go to work. I reported this to my boss and he laughed at me. This has not been documented. Please help me.

02/04/2011   |   Category: Employment   |   State: New York   |   #24145

Can I Be Disciplined for Insubordination at Work?

I am in Colorado. I was recently written up and suspended from work for a week for insubordination. My actions in no way meet the definition of insubordination. What are my options?

01/28/2011   |   Category: Employment   |   State: Colorado   |   #24102

Can I Be Replaced By a Worker With Less Skills and Seniority?

If my former employer laid off three employees and kept three hired after me and then hired the person that is here illegally back and i worked there for 4 to 5 years longer than the illegal alien . Is there anything i can do about it?Considering i did his job better and longer and I was his supervisor.

10/13/2010   |   Category: Employment   |   State: North Carolina   |   #23382

Can an Employee be Forced to Take a Mental Evaluation?

My daughter who is a elementary teacher in clearcreek independent school district in Seabrook,Tx has been ask to submit a evaluation from her physchiatrist about her being fit for continuing her job . Is that leagl and does the Dr have to submit her diagnosis that she takjes medicine for

08/31/2010   |   Category: Employment   |   State: Texas   |   #23069