Wills and Estates » Probate Legal Questions and Answers

I was left all property owned by a Friend in his Will and don't know what to do.

I am about to go to probate for my best friends estate to try and become executor. He left a will and left me everything. I was told by my lawyers secretary to try and refinance the condo he had left behind. I am new to all of this and I don't understand how I can do that without being name the executor and I am not named on his mortgage. Even though he has left everything h...

11/26/2016   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Probate   |   State: Virginia   |   #27192

How do I force the probate of my sister's will when brother was named executor?

My questions are about Probate. My brother in MD was named executor of our sister's estate about six months ago. I live in Texas. I have received no legal papers concerning his appointment. Our sister lived in CO. I went to CO when she died-no one else went to CO. While there I had my sister's mail forwarded to Houston. My brother has never asked for this correspondence since b...

11/30/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Probate   |   State: Colorado   |   #25555

When Does a Deed Bypass Probate?

We established a quick claim deed between a Mother and 3 sons on real estate property in 1999. When she dies does the quick claim deed bypass probate in State of Wisconsin?

04/02/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Probate   |   State: Wisconsin   |   #24548

How Do I Get a Divorce Payment for Credit Card Debt After My Former Spouses Dies?

My ex-husband has passed away. We had a joint credit card with a $10K balance we had a divorce settlement that shows how much of the credit card balance I was responsbile for $4.6K and that I was to make payments to him, of which i did. He also in return made payments directly to the credit card co with his stated amount that he was responsible for. I completed my portion an...

01/26/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Probate   |   State: North Carolina   |   #24084

Can I Sue Someone for Not Taking Better Care of Someone Who Later Died?

A few questions:1) My husband and I never got divorced, he moved in with a woman, my husband had a legal will awarding me all his assets upon his death. He has died, and the girlfriend refuses to release the property. The total property is valued at less than $50,000. How can I get my property?2) His girlfriend has refered to herself as his wife - what are the legal ramifica...

01/11/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Probate   |   State: Nevada   |   #23988

Can a Child Inherit Real Property in Pennsylvania?

My partner just passed away, we have a 10 year old son. We were legal domestic partners in the state of New York and we lived there, we still do, but he also owned a house in Philadelphia. He was a professor and his job couldn't send his last pay and vacation to me as we were not married and couldn't send to our son because he was too young. His mother kindly agreed to accept ...

01/10/2011   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Probate   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #23984

How Does An Executor Transfer Real Property in Texas?

My father sold his house, owner finance, sense then he has died and I am the execator of the estate. Qustion is: house is now paid off and I am told at the Court House that all i need is a release of lein and I can sign the form beause I am the exicator? If so what form do you have for me to get and what info do you have on this matter?

09/08/2009   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Probate   |   State: Texas   |   #18511

How Do I Probate an Intestate Estate in Arizona?

My husband had no will we have one property in his name.I am told I need to file in probate. What do I need to do.

09/07/2009   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Probate   |   State: Arizona   |   #18467

Can I Receive Assets Under a Will Before the Testator Dies?

My brother owns mother's house. She only has living rights, but she pays all taxes and homeowners insurance. She has in will to leave all her other possesions to me and my sister upon her death. Can he go in house and change locks and not let us have our possesions?

08/03/2009   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Probate   |   State: North Carolina   |   #17925

How Do I Transfer Property To an Heir if the Will Isn't Valid?

My wife was left as the soul beneficiary in a will. This will was prepared while the gentleman was incarcerated in Texas. The will and most of the paper work were not notarized because of his location. I need to get the house transferred to my wife's name. What should I do?

06/29/2009   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Probate   |   State: Texas   |   #17237