Contracts » Breach of Contract Legal Questions and Answers

What Can I Due About a Verbal Loan that Was Not Paid?

i have loaned a large amount of money to a close friend. Unfortunately, no IOU was signed at that point. ( i know foolishness on my part). However i would like to know if there is any hope of getting back the money? And what can i do to obtain it back.

12/24/2011   |   Category: Contracts » Breach of Co...   |   State: Illinois   |   #25575

Can I Get Out of a Contract if My Business No Longer Can Afford to Provide the Service?

I signed a 'memo of understanding' with another owner of a corporation (corp to corp) for a two year contract for support management services; which said, 'cannot be canceled for any reason'. My corporation, due to financial losses, cannot continue to service the monthly agreed amount and will now close that arm of service for which the contract was signed, but remain in busine...

03/29/2010   |   Category: Contracts » Breach of Co...   |   State: California   |   #21594

Am I Liable if Settlement Statement is Higher than Estimate?

I am a seller of a home that was under contract. As the seller, I was going to have to bring money to closing. The closing date was July 10, and I did not receive a settlement statement until July 13. When I received the settlement statement, I realized that my agent had made an error in the sellers net estimate she had given to me months earlier and the statement was thousand...

07/25/2009   |   Category: Contracts » Breach of Co...   |   State: Florida   |   #17797

How Do I Claim a Breach of Contract for Dating Services?

I am suing a match making company in small claims court for the $7500 they charged me for a personal search. They promised 18 introductions in 18 months. I received 1. What part of the civil code can I refer to in court regarding breach of contract or some kind of professional practices law that speaks to this?

07/22/2009   |   Category: Contracts » Breach of Co...   |   State: California   |   #17705

Can A Builder Charge for Changes Without Homeowners Consent if Consent is Required by Contract?

If a contract between a builder and owner states all changes or upgrades must be agreed upon and in writing by both parties, and the builder decided to upgrade the house (by $24,000) without consent, is the owner liable to pay the increase?

06/29/2009   |   Category: Contracts » Breach of Co...   |   State: Tennessee   |   #17234

Is the Person Liable for Payment if she Cancels and I Perform After Cancellation?

I am a Professional Home Inspector starting my 17th year in the business. Last week a woman ordered a home inspection over the phone for her son. The date of the inspection and the fee were agreed upon, and since her son could not attend the inspection due to his job, the contract was emailed to her for her to get her son's signature. She had agreed to bring the signed contr...

06/23/2009   |   Category: Contracts » Breach of Co...   |   State: Washington   |   #17149

How do I get damages for poor repairs and delay by mechanic shop?

My husband is in the marine corp. We relocated to California in March of this year. We have a legal situation that we need advice on. My husband has a 1968 muscle car and he drives his muscle car to work everyday, but it has broken down on him a couple times. So he took it to a car care shop in Virgina Beach to repair it because the owner promises us the car would run like a c...

06/22/2009   |   Category: Contracts » Breach of Co...   |   State: California   |   #17130

Can I Rescind a Rental Contract for Realtor's Failure to Properly Measure The Premises?

I currently reside in Ohio and signed a 1 year lease on 6/10/09 for a condo in California (CA Assoc Realtors Residential Lease Month to Month Rental Agreement)to begin 7/1/09. I was represented by a Broker California. I had trusted her to be 'my eyes and ears' (her words and suggestion) since I could not make a trip to CA. Once a particular condo was decided on, I had repeat...

06/18/2009   |   Category: Contracts » Breach of Co...   |   State: California   |   #17052

Has the legal defense of 'reliance' had success in defending a contract dispute?

My firm agreed to pay me a commission structure and when it came time to pay me, changed my status to what they call 'home office bonus eligible' so they could argue that I'm to be paid like all my bosses, zero. As a series 7 registered employee, I am required to use an arbitration panel to file any dispute. Has the legal defense of 'reliance' had success in defending a contrac...

06/11/2009   |   Category: Contracts » Breach of Co...   |   State: New York   |   #16933

Is an unauthorized altered contract automatically null and void?

Is an unauthorized altered contract automatically null and void? A contract was entered and the other party changed the content of the contract and forged my initials before recording it at the court house. I need to know if this contract is now null and void automatically?

06/08/2009   |   Category: Contracts » Breach of Co...   |   State: Arkansas   |   #16892