Trusts Legal Questions and Answers

If beneficiary named in trust dies who received the property?

if i am the trustee and one of the beneficiary of my mothers trust and i pass away before her do my children get my share

11/08/2016   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: New Jersey   |   #26398

Do I need to probate a Will if there was a Trust and I am Trustee?

If a Trust has been prepared and the Trustor passes, and I am the Trustee, do I need to file the will with anyone since we will not need to do probate?

11/05/2016   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: California   |   #26243

My stepmother will not give me a copy of a Family Trust of which I am a beneficiary.

Our father before passing told my sister and I that we were named in the Family Trust. Our step-mother is stating we are second beneficiaries and are not entitled to a copy of the trust or will until after she dies. Is this true?

10/28/2016   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Illinois   |   #25800

Does a Trust Need to be Filed?

I am considering using uslegalforms.com for completing a 'Living Trust'. Do I have to file the completed documents with a state or county agency. How do I know that these documents will be accepted?ThanksCharlie Newman

04/18/2012   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Oregon   |   #25660

How Do I Correct the Misspelled Name in an Affidavit of Successor Trustee?

I am listed as First Successor Trustee in an 'Affidavit of Change of Trustee' to my family's revocable trust, my elderly father having resigned as trustee and given my two brothers joint trusteeship. QUESTION: My name is listed incorrectly in the document. What do I need to do to have this error amended? Thank you! (PS: I live in TX; the trust and the remainder of my famil...

08/30/2011   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Texas   |   #25432

Do I Have to Pay Rent for Occupying a Home I Inherited as a Trustee?

my borther and I are co-trustees of 2 inherited houses: a family home in san francisco, ca and a summer home. I continue to live in the family home after my father died in 2008. I offered to purchase the san francisco home by paying him 50% of the difference in appraised value of the san francisco and country home. He refused my purchase offer and demanded that I pay him re...

08/26/2011   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: California   |   #25404

What Papers Need to Be Filed When a Grantor of a Trust Dies?

Do I have to u[date Family Trust.? My husband died.

08/14/2011   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: California   |   #25327

How Do I Create a Miller Trust?

I am applying for ALTCS and need to set up a Miller's Trust. Local attorneys charge about $500 for this. Can I file this myself without an attorney? If so do you have directions and a template and if so how much? Thanks.

08/10/2011   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Arizona   |   #25310

Does Putting a Home in Trust Take Away Protection for the Lender?

Does putting our home into a N.C. trust take away creditor protection?

07/08/2011   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: North Carolina   |   #25156

What Type of Trust is Used for a Disabled Adult in Order to Protect SSI Benefits?

I'm am the personal rep for my fathers estate which requires me to set-up a trust for my surviving brother. My brother has downs syndrum and I am his legal guardian. The total amount of the trust will be _$3500.00 and I dont want to jepordize his SSI. Can you suggest a USLeagal for for setting this up?

06/28/2011   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Michigan   |   #25110