Trusts Legal Questions and Answers

Can I Create a Trust to Protect Property from Medical Debts in Texas?

need help protecting minimum family assets against potential debt collection (medical bills) --would a family trust help? asking on behalf of a relative living in Texas - I need legal information specific to Texas

04/28/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Georgia   |   #21933

How Do I Transfer my Parent's Property to a Trust?

I am creating a revocable living trust & will fund it with real property. It will be for my parents who are 90 and it's their condo that is recorded in a Florida courthouse as joint tenants & their title is free & clear. Question...do I prepare a quitclaim deed that adds myself & my sister as joint tenants as well & have it witnessed & notarized for recording & doc stamped at m...

04/17/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Florida   |   #21822

How Do I Change the Real Estate Described in a Trust?

I've since sold my house and said house was the address listed in my Revocable Living Trust. Now that I don't own that home and have since purchased a new home (5 years ago), I've completely forgotten to remove the old address and list the new one. What do I need to do at this point? Is there a form I need to fill out and have recorded?

04/13/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: California   |   #21775

DoI Need to Change My Trust if I Move to Another State?

How does moving out of the state (Calif) affect my and my late husbands Inter Vivos trust? I was thinking of moving to Nevada

03/31/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: California   |   #21615

My father set up a trust leaving the farm to all of his living children.

My father set up a trust leaving the farm to all of his living children and their descendts at the time of his death, my oldest brother was the trustee, this has been about fifteen years, my brother became ill, he tried to appoint a successor trustee without a vote of all the benefactors vote. He was told by his attorney at that time he could not do that without a vote. So rath...

03/12/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Missouri   |   #21369

How Do I List Trust Assets in a Prenuptial Agreement?

I purchased the CA Prenup Package and I have a question about my Financial Disclosure. All of my assets are held within a trust. Shuold I list My assets as Trustee or list them as the living trust?

03/10/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: California   |   #21337

What is the Difference Between Revocable and Irrevocable Living Trusts?

Define 'Revocable Trust' and 'Irrevocable Trust'; what are the advantages and disadvantages of each The question is applicable to the Delaware address. My mailing address is 2514 Little Kate Road, Park City, Utah 84060

03/09/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Delaware   |   #21313

If I Move to a New State Do I Need to Make a New Trust?

I have a trust that was drafted in Calif. I now live in Wa. Do I need to do a new trust or can I just amend the one I have?The only changes are an investment change, my bank and my house.

02/27/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Washington   |   #21193

How Do I Protect Assets in a Trust if I File Bankrputcy?

Question about the security of your revocable and irrevocable trusts. I am a middle aged farmer. If I put my land now in revocable and irrevocable trust for my children as and or possibly myself as beneficiaries of income off the farm, if the farm fails someday and I go bankrupt or or there is even a judgement against me. How safe are the real estate and financial assets in th...

02/25/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Oregon   |   #21160

How Do I Create a Charitable trust in Oregon?

What documents do I need to setup a two part system. One side holds assets in trust for beneficiaries and never takes risks. The other side takes risks (can operate business to make money). I want to set this up in a way that allow people to make tax deductible charitable donations of real estate, financial assets, or other property to the no risk side. For example, I would lik...

02/24/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Oregon   |   #21154