Trusts Legal Questions and Answers

[51 - 60 of 155]Page of 16

How Do I Make Sure My Children Inherit if my Husband Dies First?

My husband & I each have children from prior marriages. I have 2 adult children, and he has a 19 yr old son. His son is a drug addict (currently has been in jail for one year). Obviously, we are concerned about what would become of anything he inherits. How can we place his inheritance (even after he becomes an adult) in a trust fund?Also, if I predecease my husband and lis...

07/10/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: New York   |   #22642

How Do I Transfer Money Left in a Will to a Minor in Georgia?

My Florida aunt passed away and left money to a Georgia minor without providing a trust. How should we proceed?

07/05/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Georgia   |   #22583

How Do I Create a Litigation Trust?

We have been advised we need a 'litigation trust' for a group of investors. Can you advise as to which forms we need? THanks

06/22/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Texas   |   #22445

How Do I Appeal a Trustee's Handling of My Mother's Affairs?

who has more rights to deal with a living revokable trust, a power of attorney or successor trustee a corrupt trust co, a corrupt judge, discrediting me as power of attorney for my mom & milking my mom's little trust dry and trying to take my homes away from me (amended will leaves the houses and all personal property to me (an only child) dad's wishes quickly by paying their ...

06/07/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: New Mexico   |   #22326

How Do I Refinance Property Held in Trust?

I live in Ca. My home is split in a revocable trust(mine) and a bypass trust(my deceased wife). I want to refinance the home. Do I need to specify anything special with the mortgage company? Do the mortgage paperwork need to be identified as held in trust or can I have it in my name only?

06/06/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: California   |   #22324

How Do I Set Up a Trust to Protect Assets from Medicals Bills and Creditors?

I would like to establish a type of trust appointing my (2)18 year old childrenand have my property deed changed into that trust name. My objective is protect my assets from being seized by any judgments for compensatory damages, medical bills, etc. from a third party. Would it be a statutory trust I need that I can file on my own without the assistance of an attorney?

06/05/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: New Jersey   |   #22318

How Do We Change the Way the Assets of a Trust are Divided?

Our father's will stipulated that funds from a trust account were to be dispersed 50/50 to my brother and myself when the beneficiary is deceased. If my brother or myself are deceased before the trust beneficiary the entire proceeds go to the surviving heir. We have mutually agreed to sharing the proceeds 50/50 even if one of us dies before the other so that our heirs can inh...

06/01/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Washington   |   #22283

How Do I Transfer an Annuity into a Trust?

our will is outdated. we sold all properties that was in the will and bought an annuity. this will have to be paid out in three years. how can we put this money in a trust for our children. we have four and only want it in one daughter's name to handle the distribution at our death.

05/27/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Florida   |   #22250

What are the Tax Implications of an Irrevocable Trust?

I'd like to open a special needs trust fund for my brain-injured son who is an adult and has just been granted social security benefits. He received $30,000 in back SSI payments. Going forward, his monthly payments will be SSDI. Even though it's my understanding that SSI money cannot be seized for child support, he was concerned that it would be and so we opened a savings accou...

05/16/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Washington   |   #22133

How Do You Replace a Trustee When the Trustee Resigns?

My father passed away on 4/28/09. He had a trust set up in the State of Hawaii. A local bank was named trustee, but declined to be trustee after his passing. My 2 brothers and I signed a form acknowledging their withdrawal, but in no way declared that any of us would be trustee. No one in our family was willing to be trustee and as of now there still is no personal represen...

05/12/2010   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Hawaii   |   #22093
[51 - 60 of 155]Page of 16