Real Property Legal Questions and Answers

Can I lend buyer of my home the closing costs and have them repaid with interest?

I'm selling a house, using your forms. The buyer is financing through a lender and has limited funds for closing. I have agreed to pay closing costs and the buyer has agreed to pay me 6500 over four years at 11.15% interest. That arrangement would be separate from the sales contract and separate from the original funding source (the lender). Is this legal?

06/24/2011   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Michigan   |   #25090

Who Pays for Closing Bridge in Iowa?

We have a farm in a drainage district .County wants to close road due to bridge.Iowa code468.108 states board of supervisor shall move, build, or rebuild it, paying the cost , from county funds. Is this true

02/09/2011   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Iowa   |   #24188

How Do I Transfer Property Out of Joint Tenancy in Indiana?

I AM A CO-OWNER THROUGH A QUIT CLAIM DEED WITH MY GRANDMOTHER AGE 88. I HAVE LIVED IN THIS HOME AS A TENANT WITH THE THOUGHT THAT I WAS RENTING THIS HOME ONLY UNTIL SHE WAS TO PASS AWAY. I SIGNED A QUIT CLAIM DEED THAT DOES NOT REFLECT WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY MY FAMILY FOR YEARS. I HAVE NO PROOF THAT I HAVE BEEN PAYING HER RENT. MY GRANDMOTHER NOTES AND KEEPS 'TRACK' OF ALL MO...

06/22/2009   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Indiana   |   #17133

What form should I use to remove my deceased husband's name from our real estate?

WHAT FORM DO I USE TO HAVE MY DECEASED HUSBAND'S NAME REMOVED FROM OUR REAL ESTATE PROPERTY SINCE WE HAVE A REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST?

05/27/2009   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Texas   |   #16798

What is the best way to give our children our home without having to pay gift taxes?

My wife and I own a house in New York and we would like to know how we can transfer this house to our 2 children without triggering gift taxes or any other taxes. Do you recommend that we just give the house outright to them or add their names as owners?

05/04/2009   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: New York   |   #16536

What are the duties of the naked ownership to the usufruct after a judment of possession?

05/01/2009   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Louisiana   |   #16519

What legal documents are needed if I bought a piece of land from my sister?

I bought a lot from my sister a couple years ago but we never completed any legal documents. Since then I have built a house. I would like to complete, file, the necessary forms to make the land purchase transaction complete under the law. What forms do I need?

05/01/2009   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: ALL   |   #16509

My father is deceased and my mother wants to sell property that was in both names

The property in question is in El Paso, TX, while my mother resides in California. Does my mother need a warranty deed to provide to TX recorder's office, and if so, what would it say? She is considering selling the property. My father, now deceased, set up a living trust himself, for this property, which is held in both his and her names as they were married, and still were wh...

04/28/2009   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Texas   |   #16288

Is my mom entitled to a share of the proceeds from sale of the house at the end of her life lease?

My mother has been given life lease on a home that was purchased by her husband, who is now deceased and the home is in the children's name. When she decides to leave the residence, she has been advised that she has to sign off on the life lease. Is she entitled to any share of the proceeds in the sale of the house?

04/27/2009   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: New York   |   #16189

The effective date of a corparte assignment

what is the effective date of a corparte assignment of deed of trust is it the date on the document 11-12-2007 or the notarized date 11-23-2007 or the recordation date feb 20 2008.

03/12/2009   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: California   |   #15595