Real Property Legal Questions and Answers

If one co-tenant leaves and stop paying for property how can the other tenant get title?

Two persons bought an apartment in Miami, florida, they took a joint mortgage. One leaves and stop paying their share. The other person stas in apartment and keeps paying the mortage by herself for several years. Can she get the defulting person out of the property Tittle?

04/22/2017   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Florida   |   #36115

Are landowners liable for flooding their neighbors with storm sewer runoff under the road?

04/20/2017   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Iowa   |   #35966

Is a landowner liable for storm water runoff flooding the property across the road?

Is a landowner liable for storm water runoff flooding the property across the road? The storm sewer runs under the road from a farm field and floods 4 homeowners every time we get heavy rains.

04/20/2017   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Iowa   |   #35965

When a person has donated area of land to church, can he take the land back?

When a person has donated area of land to church, can he take the land back and swapping it for other property just because he wanted to

04/20/2017   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Mississippi   |   #35959

Can I contest a title opinion?

Can I contest a title opinion

04/06/2017   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #35263

I own a lake front lot on Lake Worth. My neighbor is building a McMansion. His contractors have driven

I own a lake front lot on Lake Worth. My neighbor is building a McMansion. His contractors have driven concrete trucks on my property causing ruts which I would like him to pay to repair. Furthermore he has graded his property casing his storm water to drain onto my property. Can I sue in the Justice of the Peace Court?

03/10/2017   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Texas   |   #33728

Can the land owner be held liable for the injuries sustained by a person swimming on their property?

I am a minor and I live in Alabama. Last week, I went to an outdoor recreational land owned by a private person for swimming. I was seriously injured while using the spill way. Can the land owner be held liable for the injuries sustained?

12/28/2016   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Alabama   |   #29005

What is Eminent Domain?

PUC approved a transmission line route. There was only one route approved. The property owner that was affected by this condemnation supposedly missed the protest hearing. Now he is attempting to find an alternate route. His staff is telling people that they will be condemned and they should sign over their property to him for this alternate route for the best compensation....

05/17/2012   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Texas   |   #25675

What happens to our house when we as an unmarried couple split up?

Hello. I live in Texas. I bought a house with my boyfriend in March 2011. We have since split up and he has moved out. Both our names are on the mortgage and title. He paid the closing/down payment costs of $24,000. He paid them because I still have my house for sale in New York and wasn't in a position to pay. He is now demanding that I give him his money back. I have a 6 yea...

08/12/2011   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Texas   |   #25321

Can I lend buyer of my home the closing costs and have them repaid with interest?

I'm selling a house, using your forms. The buyer is financing through a lender and has limited funds for closing. I have agreed to pay closing costs and the buyer has agreed to pay me 6500 over four years at 11.15% interest. That arrangement would be separate from the sales contract and separate from the original funding source (the lender). Is this legal?

06/24/2011   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Michigan   |   #25090